Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pooper's rough Christmas eve...and blog repair

Shortly after posting about Cooper being whiny he projectile vomited all over me and himself. I think that explains why he's been whiny - the poor baby's stomach was upset. I looked at the notes the nanny made for the day and was reminded that she mentioned he was struggling with feedings today - he'd be hungry and start to eat but stopped half-way through and fussed and whined. I remember seeing and hearing her work really hard to calm him and get him to fall asleep for his nap so he's been feeling crummy all day and at one point I felt bad for her and went over and offered to try to see if the mommy touch would help at all. It did, thankfully, and once he was calm and smiling again I handed him back over to her.

After I got both of us cleaned up and washed off the couch (yeah, Cooper has great aim LOL), I gave him his Prevacid which needs to be given on an empty stomach and at that point I was pretty certain his tummy was empty ;/. We wait 30 minutes after the Prevacid to feed him but he started to cry because he was crazy hungry after emptying his stomach so unexpectedly and completely so I decided to give him just a little bit of Pedialyte - he drank 2 oz an fell asleep on me for a minute then suddenly opened his eyes and his mouth and out came the Pedialyte - all over me and all over himself. This time I had a towel under me on the couch (b/c it was damp from round 1) so thankfully the orange Pedialyte didn't hit the off-white couch.

We made our second trip upstairs and I cleaned him off, changed his diaper and his clothes and brought him into our bedroom and propped him up on a pillow on my bed while I changed MY clothes for the second time within the hour.

Bob called about that time to check in on us and I filled him in. He's convinced that this is a reaction to one or both of the vaccines he received yesterday. Whatever the cause is - I hope it's short-lived because I want him feeling better on his first Christmas so we can at least go visit the neighbors and enjoy the day rather than be held up in the house on puke patrol :(.

Once we were both cleaned up and changed I checked his temp and he was at 99.2 (down from 99.8 earlier) and I was relieved that it hadn't gone up because that meant there was hope of avoiding the ER on Christmas eve (of course the night is young).

About 90 minutes later he was crying and hungry and I was leery but gave him one ounce and waited 30 minutes and he was OK so I gave him another ounce, waited 30 minutes and he was OK and then gave him a third. That was about 90 minutes ago - so far, so good. Right now he's asleep on me and I'm watching and listening to the "The King's Singers" and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra performance on KCET TV.

Oh, and I figured out why the blog home page was acting so strangely...thanks to the blogger help group that posted an item indicating that it could be caused by large URLs or text or images and to figure out which post had the culprit, you click on the post title and see if the sidebar falls away and the first one that it happens is the one that has the problem - it was the large text I used announcing Cooper's 6 month birthday. So I made it smaller and voila! Fixed! Yay! ;)

No comments: