Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cooper's 1st vacation - Floriday, here we come!

Tonight we head for Florida for our first vacation as a family. It will be Cooper's first flight so I'm a bit nervous (and excited) about how he'll do. We chose a red-eye flight to encourage sleep as we trek across the country. I hope he flies well because if he does I can start carting him around and take advantage of being able to fly for free (perk of being married to an airline pilot) and go on some great adventures and visit with family.

We're meeting my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and 3.5 year old niece in Florida. We'll spend most of the week in Naples, FL where my folks have a condo by the beach. We're also planning to spend 2 days in Orlando to visit Disney and Sea World.

I plan to get daily naps! I need it desperately and I intend to take advantage of having Cooper's grandma there so that he can have fun with Grandma while mommy naps (I'm grinning from ear to ear at the thought of this) :).

Our friend, Mark, is going to stay at our house to take care of Hunter & Winnie while we're away. Thank you, Mark! It's so nice to know our furbabies will be in good hands.

Cooper is up from a nice long nap so I have to go but we'll try to check in with some updates on how things are going. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Thats so exciting. I hope the flight goes well for you. And enjoy the nice warm sunny weather! We got snow here again :( Can't wait to hear lots of stories and see lots of pictures from vacation!

Amy T. said...

I hope the flight goes well. I hope you have plenty of fun and rest (you decide the order)! I hope Coop loves flying so you can come visit!

kbeth said...

Have a great time & post lots of pictures!!!

JEN said...

Fun, fun, fun! Enjoy :) Hope Cooper enjoys the flight.