Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today's plan - petting zoo and a stroll at the beach

So this is the plan for the day and I'll post later with an update to let you know how the plan played out. I've found that even the best laid plans often go awry when you have an infant but that the adventures that result can sometimes be even more fun and interesting than the original plan.

OK, so....right now we're hanging out in the family room. Cooper is playing on the floor with his toys, listening to Steve Martin's banjo music (his favorite and it often helps him transition to his nap) while Bob is upstairs getting ready for his next trip (he leaves within the hour). Cooper will have his first nap soon and then I'll get dressed and pack the car for our day's adventures.

The plan is to first head over to the petting zoo which is just a few miles away. It's been closed for months for renovation so after many failed attempts recently (since there was no sign posted explaining why they were closed), I called and learned that they will be open mid-month. They didn't give me a date but it IS mid-month so we'll go check that out and Cooper will either get to see a bunch of barn animals or we'll drive through and find them still closed and we'll go on to our next planned adventure - a stroll at the beach.

It's supposed to be a beautiful sunny and warm day in southern California today and I am welcoming it with wide open arms since we've had weeks and weeks of cold and damp weather.

Cooper enjoys watching people and new scenes and the beach we're heading to is filled with amazing and crazy sights and sounds so I think he'll enjoy it. Cooper looks a lot like my dad, and the place we're going to is one of my dad's favorite places to go when he visits. I think we'll try to find a gift for Cooper to bring to his Grandpa when we go meet him in Florida at the end of the month.

3 comments:

Amy T. said...

Hopefully your plans worked! Especially the sitting at the beach part! We are so jealous! It's about 50 here and we are rejoicing. Its giving us an opportunity to help my mom and dad out on the farm!

Lissa said...

I hope everything is working out for you two! The beach sounds marvelous right now. Can't wait to hear about the adventures. And hopefully the petting zoo was actually open

kbeth said...

I so love that Steve Martin CD!!!