Below are some of the photos from our day at Disneyland on Saturday, March 21st, 2009. On that day, Cooper turned 9 months old!
As we headed to Disneyland to meet up with my friend, Diana, I really didn't expect that Cooper would enjoy the park since he's so little. I always thought you had to be at least 2 years old or older to recognize or appreciate any of the characters or other things happening at the park. I was SO WRONG. Bob and I watched in amazement as Cooper had a complete ball at Disneyland. No joke, he laughed, yelled in excitement, waved his arms, kicked his feet - nearly all day long he wiggled and shook whenever he saw characters, balloons, and other visually exciting things.
Cooper's favorite part seems to have been the Finding Nemo submarine ride. Everyone around him had such a blast just watching Cooper as he jumped up and down and shook his arms and opened his mouth and yelled out in excitement the entire time we were in the submarine. He was mesmerized by the water bubbles he saw through the port hole window, and then when Nemo characters would "swim" by he flipped out in gleeful excitement. I'm telling you, it was the most fun we've had watching him yet.
Bob and I had a blast watching Cooper and enjoying the time spent with Diana, John, their kids, and also Kristy and her baby girl. Cooper, Elijah, and Addie Shea were all born at 35 weeks, within just a 2 week period of time. It was fun seeing them together. We're so grateful that Diana invited us to join her family at Disneyland during their family vacation. We really had a wonderful day and we can't wait to see them again sometime soon. I love that Kristy lives somewhat close to us here in Southern CA - just 30 miles away - and that we'll be able to have some play dates for Cooper and Addie Shea to play while Kristy and I get caught up on occasion. It was a fantastic day all around.
Cooper slept the whole way home (about 1 hr, 15 min) and then when we got him changed and into bed he sat up and started to "tell" us all about his day in the same gleeful excitement he demonstrated at the park. For at least 30 minutes he carried on and on, babbling, yelling in excitement, waving his arms. It was so funny that Bob and I just sat and laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes.
5 comments:
It sounded like you had a wonderful day. Cooper is quite the little guy!! I am so surprised at 9 mos old he reacted in such a way at Disney. That is wonderful he had such a good time. I can't wait to see him. Love, Mom
Sounds like an amazingly fun time made even better with Cooper's enthusiasm! Out of curiosity, what brand is your baby carrier in the photos and do you like it? Do you think you will be able to use it much longer or will it be uncomfortable as Cooper gets a little bigger? I researched carriers and want an Ergo, but they are pretty expensive. I'm presently highest bidder for one on ebay, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! So glad you had such a GREAT time together with family and friends, Julie! Love the photos of your happy guy! :)
cute pics, especially the ones with the characters. and love that he was animatedly telling you about all the fun he had. too funny.
I can't wait to take Junior! *heavy sigh* But anyways.. the pic of you & D & the boys - Coop looks like he's trying to get out of the stroller ;) All the pics are just too cute!
How delightful and the pictures are wonderful!
Post a Comment