Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yay for Brayton's homecoming!


A while back I shared my friend, Aimee's, story about her baby boy, Brayton. Brayton was born 9 days after Cooper in June of '08 with a detached and damaged esophagus and he has been in the NICU/PICU ever since then in a hospital very far from his parents' home - he has never left the hospital since his birth nearly 9 months ago. Well, I'm so happy to report that Brayton is finally going home next week. On Tuesday, the 24th, he'll leave the hospital in San Francisco and head home with his parents who live a 5 hour drive away from the hospital in northern California. Aimee is an incredibly strong and mature young woman who has weathered this storm with grace and dignity. She has endured intense financial and emotional stress throughout these past 9 months and is finally able to bring her baby home just before his 9 month birthday - finally!

Congrats Aimee! We love you and wish you and Brayton a very happy, stress-free and joyful homecoming.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

I was so excited to hear this news. We've all been waiting a long time for this. I can't wait to hear how he does at home! Aimee really deserves this. She has waited so long. I don't know if I would have held up nearly as well in her shoes

JEN said...

That's super. I remember reading about him on the boards. He's cute.

Amy T. said...

We are so excited for Brayton's homecoming! We can't even imagine how Aimee must feel! Wish we could be there to wish them well!