The Good News
Before heading back to the airport this morning, Bob handed me his November schedule. For the first time since I've known him, he has Halloween and Thanksgiving off! Yay! Now he can participate in Cooper's first Halloween and first Thanksgiving. I have no idea what we'll be doing for either since I generally assume Bob won't be home for any of the important holidays so now we'll have to give it some thought. Of course, it all depends on what the GI docs say about Cooper's treatment plan. But, until we know what the deal is with that, it's nice to know Bob will be home for these fun holidays. Unfortunately, it's unlikely he will be home for Christmas - but that's OK - I'll figure out a way to make Cooper's first Christmas special - with or without Bob present in person.
The Bad News
When I woke up from my nap yesterday I felt a tickle in my throat and slight congestion in my ears. I had a bad feeling it was the start of something. Sure enough, last night it flourished into a full blown cold. This is my second in a span of 5 or 6 weeks! I'm so bummed because I'm terrified of passing it on to Cooper since I have no choice but to be his primary caregiver. I'm washing my hands like every 5 minutes, followed by using hand sanitizer, and trying not to breathe on him but it's hard and the pediatrician said (last time Cooper and I were sick with a cold) that it's impossible to prevent passing illness from mother to child. I'm just so worried that if he gets a cold it will aggravate the pneumonia situation which he seems to be recovering from nicely. I even have a slight fever of over 100. I am taking Tylenol, Sudafed, and Zicam and praying that it's a short-lived cold which doesn't make it's way to Cooper.
Please, if you can spare some prayers, say a prayer to ask that Cooper doesn't catch this cold.
Bob just left for the airport and won't be back home until Saturday night. I hope these next few days go by fast since I don't see a decent nap in my future until Sunday.
1 comment:
Hey Julie-
I prayed that Cooper will not catch your cold and will continue to recover from the pneumonia. I'm praying for you, too, that you will be better rested so you can better resist colds. I'm going to keep the prayers going! You're doing good things to help keep Cooper cold germ free. You're a good Mommy! :) Feel better!
Post a Comment