Cooper had a decent night. He wasn't too frightened or upset, thankfully. He slept from around 10:30 pm until 2:45 am, ate, got a clean diaper, then fell right back to sleep and slept for about 2 more hours before waking up again. When he'd wake and fuss a bit I wasn't sure if he was confused or hungry so I fed him and that seemed to satisfy him and lul him back to sleep for another hour or so. From 4:30 am on he was up every hour - mostly fidgeting, coughing, grunting....perhaps because he received two treatments between 4-5 am (breathing and another dose of antibiotics). All in all I think I slept a total of 90 minutes. When Bob gets here later this morning I'll go grab breakfast from the cafeteria and have him take over so I can try to rest a bit but I'm not holding my breathe that I'll get anymore sleep today. That's OK though - I'm used to it now. I'm most looking forward to seeing that beautiful Starbucks cup in Bob's hand as he hands it to me - it's the little things that make me happy :).
Cooper was just awake - after getting a little bit of a bottle and a clean diaper he was happily and quietly entertaining himself in the crib - looking at and "talking" to the little crib toys I have hanging on the crib rails - for about 30 minutes or so. He also seems to be fascinated by the stuff taped to his arm/hand - he keeps trying to lick the tape on it LOL. After a short time of play he did a tiny bit of fussing so I picked him up, rocked him, gave him a paci and he's back to sleep and back in the crib . I'm quite surprised (though rather pleasantly) that he's taking all of this so very well. He is such an angel.
Since he's back to sleep I'm going to hit the cot and try to catch another 30 min or so of sleep - Bob won't be here for another 2 hours. He needs to stop and get his flu shot before heading over here. I'll get mine after Cooper is discharged from the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment