Friday, October 31, 2008

Cooper's first Halloween - our Pooh Bear






Cooper had a great day. He spent the first part of the day at daycare where he has a new friend, Xander, who was born the same day as Cooper (and Xander's mom is returning to work the same day I am - wild!). Xander has reflux too and he has a temporary condition where he can only turn his head to one side due to the way his neck muscle developed from favoring one side for a while. So, these two cuties get special attention from their teachers who dote on them all day long. It's wonderful to walk in and see Cooper in Miss Patricia's lap, smiling and laughing. I'm really glad we started him early at daycare, it's making me feel less panicked than I know I would have if he hadn't already been aquainted with that environment and Miss Patricia. I'm sure it'll still be a bit hard on me when I do drop him off for the first really long day there on Thursday but not nearly as hard as it could be if we had waited to start him.
In the late afternoon we got Cooper in his costume for some pictures before it got dark. He laughed while I put it on him and seemed to enjoy wearing it but every time he smiled and laughed my finger wasn't fast enough on the camera trigger. We got some really cute pics anyway and these are just a couple but there are more - I just have to upload them from the other camera when I have some time this weekend.

After a good nap, Cooper suited back up in his Pooh bear costume and joined Bob and me on the front porch where we sat and played and greeted all the trick-or-treaters. Once the mad rush of kids was gone, Cooper and I took a stroll down the street to visit with some of the neighbors that wanted to see him all dressed up. He was so good! He was happy and content in the costume which just amazed me because he often fusses when I put a hat on him to shield him from the sun. He was full of smiles and giggles.

When we got home Cooper was still wide awake so I put him in his play gym to help him expel some energy and get sleepy. He worked up a little appetite, had half a bottle (but had had a full one just 90 minutes earlier so that's OK), and then got into his typical I'm exhausted and am gonna scream for a few minutes now mode :). Thankfully I recognize this every time and just rock him to sleep. By 10 pm he was sleeping, swaddled and strapped into his wedge pillow for the night. Fingers crossed that he'll sleep through the night (by the way, he slept through 2 out of the last 3 nights - last night his longest stretch was 5 hours which is still really good for him).

We hope you had a safe and fun Halloween!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad your Pooh Bear had a great night... our Tigger helped pass out candy too. He fell asleep for a bit outside, so I brought his chair out, and everyone thought he was SOOOO cute ;). glad the sleep thing is getting better - fingers crossed for you me and everyone else w/ a little one tonight!

Lissa said...

How cute! Sounds like you had a fun Halloween. I boycott trick or treating due to the area I live in. (People from the actual city come out in car loads and don't even wear costumes, so I just hang out in the basement during that time) Maybe after we move in a few years... Just wait, next year little Cooper will be walking from door to door wanting all sorts of candy!

kbeth said...

Hey looks so cute as Pooh! Very fitting for your son to be dressed up as Pooh...hope you got a picture of him and Winnie... :)