My dad built an awesome mounting device for Cooper's crib mobile that my mom had bought for him. When the mobile arrived Bob tried to install it but quickly discovered that the mobile's mounting method would not fit our crib. This is not the first mobile we've gotten that couldn't be mounted on our crib due to the very thick wooden top rail of the crib. I was so disappointed and worried that we'd have to return it and end up with no mobile for Cooper. BUT, when Dad arrived he quickly found the right pieces of wood and tools in our garage and fashioned a wonderful mount and even stained it to match the crib and now it's attached to the wall at one end of the crib and it looks GREAT! Cooper loves it too - last night I set him in there and he stared at it for an hour - I had hoped the classical music that it plays would make him sleepy and fall asleep in there but he was fascinated by it and stayed awake staring at it and wiggling all around to get a better viewing angle. When I walked in to check on him he was turned perpendicular from where I had placed him - even though he was wrapped in a swaddling blanket! Next time I'll use the sleep positioner to help keep in place.
Last Thursday, on my parents' first full day here, we had my mother-in-law and sister-in-law up to visit too so they could visit with my parents and with Cooper. We had a nice time - served up some lunch and everyone played with Cooper. It was fun to watch him react to everyone.
On Sunday we took Cooper, and my 'little sister', Mary, to The Getty Center to tour the museum and the gardens. Mary and I have been there many times together but my folks had never been and of course Cooper had never been either. He did great! I put him in the baby bjorn carrier and he stared at amazement at the art pieces. I would say to him "do you like that one?" and he'd either smile or yawn! LOL
On Monday, Mom and I took Cooper to the neighborhood pool so Mom could have a swim. Cooper was super cranky and my Mom suggested dipping his foot in the pool to see if that would interest or calm him - no dice - instead, it made him scream louder. We did get some cute pics of him in his little sun hat, in Grandma's arms.
By the way, Cooper continued to take 4 oz per feeding since my parents' arrival - we're excited that he's doing this consistently now. He's getting so big and I can't wait to get him weighed again soon to see just how big he has gotten. It's hard to believe that he's already over 23" long and over 3.5 months old!
Here's a picture of Cooper with Grandma and Grandpa -
4 comments:
So glad you all had a nice visit! I know it was hard for you to see them go and for them to leave Cooper! Hopefully, it won't be long before your next visit.
Grandparents rock! :)
So all your posts about your dad when he was here while you were pg...thats never how I pictured him. Definitely looks like a Harley Man. Did he come to Milwaukee for the 105th anniversary?
I'm so glad you all had a great visit with your parents!!! Its also amazing to see pictures of your mom and dad again! You must tell them both I said hi!!!
Post a Comment