Monday, October 20, 2008

Poopatorium.....and.....teething!???

I have this neat way of feeding Cooper that lets me keep one hand free. I sit on the couch with my knees bent up toward my chest and my feet on the ottoman, or on the bed, and I rest his back and head against my legs and knees. Well, this morning while feeding him this way in my bed, he pooped in his diaper (as indicated by the loud squirt sound I heard in his pants LOL - yup, the diarrhea is still with us from the antibiotics). This is pretty normal though for the past week anyway. What I did not realize though, until I picked him up to burp him, is that this time we had a diaper blowout out the top back of his diaper and my PJ pants were COVERED in it!!! My first reaction was to yell "ewwww!!!!", quickly followed by laughing. Bob ran in and saw me holding Cooper out far in front of me as I walked toward him in my poopy pants! I think Bob almost gagged LOL. Thankfully though, he was smart and kind enough to take the baby into the nursery for a clean up so I could quickly get cleaned up myself.

To add insult to the latest list of "injuries", I think he's started teething. He breaks his hand out of the swaddle every time to suck on it and anything else he can get his grasp on and pull to his mouth (blanket, toy, paci, etc.) and he gnaws on the paci and his blanket. I put a chilled teether in his mouth and he started gnawing on it immediately. He's starting to drool too.

Today is his 4 month check-up (he turns 4 months old tomorrow!) and he'll be getting checked out, get some shots (which we're splitting up over 2 visits again this time), and we have a laundry list of questions about this teething business and other upcoming milestones/issues. For example, we need to figure out the best way to give Cooper opportunities to practice rolling over but this has been difficult since he can't be laid down flat due to his reflux and we have to keep him inclined in the bassinet and crib. We have to figure out a better way to get him inclined in his daycare crib b/c the small wedge positioner in there now is not inclined enough and whatever we end up using we have to give the center a doctor's note for so they don't get in trouble with the licensing board during inspections. I only have 2 weeks to figure this out since that's all I have left before returning to work. ahhhhhhhh ;0

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Isn't it so much fun getting pooped all over? I just took myself and Colton straight to the shower when he did it to me. I didn't have a clue what other way to clean us both off without making a bigger mess! Good thing Bob was home to help you out