We have set a record!! A SLEEPING record!!!! I still don't believe it which is why it's taken me all day to write about it. LOL.
While this may seem like no big deal to most moms, I think those of you who read this blog regularly know how big of a deal this is for us because Cooper has been quite a challenge in the night time sleep department. Seriously, his usual night consists of a 3-hour nap, wake up and eat, followed by a 1-2 hour nap, wake up and eat, another 1-2 hour nap, wake up and eat, etc.
Drum roll please........
Cooper's sleep schedule last night was:
8:50 pm - 11:25 pm - on the make-shift inclined positioner in the portable bassinet in family room
12:20 am - 5:00 am - on the new AR pillow wedge/harness in the bassinet in my bedroom - that's 4 hours and 40 minutes!!! (kind of sad that is his all time record, huh?) -- AND I slept from 12:30 am - 5:00 am myself! woo-hoo!!!
5:25 am - 7:30 am - again on the AR pillow wedge/harness
PLEASE don't let this be a fluke - if he could do this consistently going forward I could actually resume some sanity. When I return to work I'll need to be out of the house with him by 6:15 am so if he could repeat last night's feat on a regular basis I could sleep from like 10-12 and then 12:30 or 1 until 5:30 and be happy with that. Fingers, toes, arms, legs and everything else crossed that we can repeat last night's performance (though I won't be holding my breathe).
MORE NEWS....Cooper had his 2nd polio vaccine and 3rd rotavirus vaccine today. Before the vaccines I weighed him and in just EIGHT DAYS he has gained a pound! He's 13 lbs, 11 oz! No wonder he's getting harder to carry around in that car seat carrier! Even his favorite pediatrician (Dr.M) saw him and said "whoa! he's so much bigger than the last time I saw him." (she just saw him about 10-14 days ago).
He got the rotavirus vaccine first - it's a sugary syrup given orally which he always gobbles right up. Then the polio vaccine shot came....in the arm....and I was braced for the screaming....and there was NO CRYING! The nurse just looked at me like "huh?!" and I just laughed in disbelief. He squirmed a bit and made a face to show he wasn't thrilled but didn't cry at all! I think he's just so used to it now - with the ER trip which included an IV and catheter, then the 2-day hospitalization with an IV and several blood draws, and then the fact that he's had more shot visits at the doctor because we've been splitting up the shots to avoid overloading him. Whatever it is, I'll take it!!
But now we watch and wait...the polio shot is the one that sent us to the ER with him that night because it gave him a high fever. I'm giving him Tylenol every 4-5 hours for 24 hours and have to take his temp each time to see how he's doing. Just another reason to keep everything crossed and hope that he won't have a reaction this time.
Oh yeah, he didn't go to daycare today (wanted to keep him home b/c of the vaccinations) but he'll be going tomorrow. I didn't call Dr.BH today about the stiffening up because he didn't do it much at all today and when I spoke with his daycare teacher by phone this morning to update her on Cooper's schedule this week she said that has almost always been an indication of gas with her own babies and the babies she's been watching over the years. If it doesn't subside by the end of the week I'll ask the doctor when she calls with his milk protein allergy test results. Hopefully that won't be necessary. It could be that now that we're done with the antibiotics and probiotics that his tummy is getting readjusted - who knows.
4 comments:
YEA!!! Way to go Cooper!!! I'm SO excited to hear this. I will pray that this continues and isn't just a fluke. You really deserve some sleep.
Yay for sleep! Yay for sanity! Yay for Cooper! :)
Now where can I get Emmett John one of those miracle workers? ;)
Whoo hoo way to go on the sleep! Sadly Jr is reverting back to a former sleep schedule...AFTER getting me use to the one we just got on :( Hopefully he'll (Cooper)have it all figured out and this figuring it out done over this weekend with the time change!
Julie - that is soooo great about the sleeping! :) You must feel tremendous with some sleep. Vi gobbled up the rotavirus vaccine too - I thought it must be sugary because she seemed to really like it.
Doesn't everything in the world seem better with sleep???
Post a Comment