Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mission accomplished: 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep

I called Bob when he landed at LAX and warned him about my plan to sleep - he was agreeable thankfully. When he got home he gladly took Cooper from me. I didn't leave the house as planned but I still accomplished the intended goal. Here's what I did: I told Bob that I wanted to be interrupted by NOONE unless there was an emergency requiring my involvement - he agreed. I unplugged the phone in the bedroom and put it in another room. I took Tylenol PM, closed the bedroom door, turned on classical music to drown out other noises, put earplugs in and got into bed. I was asleep within 5 minutes and woke up 4 hours later. =)

Funny thing though - when I came downstairs Bob said "I don't know why you're so overwhelmed, he slept nearly the entire time you did"....and "I figured out what the problem is"..."he's having stomach cramps and his butt hurts from the diarrhea (due to his antibiotics)"...."you gotta hold him on his tummy and not put him in the swing or the seat"....
Can you imagine!? (and, no, I didn't deck him but I fantasized about it that's for sure)

So from this you might read into the fact that he's expecting me to hold the baby 24/7 (which is close to what is already happening anyway)....I just laughed at him and then called the pediatrician and asked if there's anything we can give the baby for his tummy aches and issues associated with the antibiotic related diarrhea and they said to stop in for a big bag of probiotic samples. So I hopped in the car and headed down there and picked it up - it's powder that gets mixed into the formula in the morning and at night. They also gave me a handful of Prevacid samples to help us mitigate the costs of that (insurance only covers part of it). While there, I was talking to 2 of the doctors and 3 nurses and told them the story about what Bob said when I woke up from my nap. They laughed and one asked "so, should we call 911 for Bob (assuming I decked him)?" LOL

We're all watching the debate now and when Bob is just watching TV I am making him hold the baby :) since he heads out again in the morning and I'll be keeping the baby overnight with me in the family room so that Bob can get a good night sleep since he's on the clock.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You showed unbeleiveable restraint at your husband's comments... I am sure he meant to be helpful but sometimes men just don't get it! Glad you got your sleep.

Lissa said...

I'm very glad to hear you got your sleep. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and praying that this all passes for you guys soon.