Cooper is definitely doing better now that he's been on the Zantac for a couple of days. I wouldn't say that it's resolved, but that it's better and frankly any step in that direction is miraculous to us since he had a good night last night (meaning, I actually got some sleep).
I've noticed that he has hiccups much less frequently too which is great because he was getting them at least a few times per day and causing him stress - I've only noticed him having them once since we started him on the Zantac.
He's still having discomfort - I can tell from his behavior during feedings - but it's not as bad as it was before. I'm hopeful that we'll continue to see improvements as he is on the medication for a longer time - literature indicates it can take up to 2 weeks for any existing damage to the throat and esophagus to heal once the medication has begun.
1 comment:
Thats wonderful to hear! Hopefully things continue to turn around for him. Isn't it just so hard watching your Baby in discomfort and not being able to do much? Hopefully this really is the answer to his problems
Post a Comment