I haven't posted in a couple days because I haven't had much good news to share and whenever I think about the struggle we're having at night I just start to cry and frankly I'm tired of crying.
Wednesday night and Thursday night were both horrible. Cooper barely slept and spent the majority of both nights screaming. We tried everything (and I'm too tired to list out what we've tried but let's just say that I was vacuuming at 2 am). Nights have been worse, not better, since switching Cooper's formula. And on top of that, the formula smells so bad and stains more so the smallest amount of spit up on Cooper's clothes makes him smell bad and we have to change him or he stinks. It also makes his poops smell horrendous - actually smells like dog poo - the smallest amount in his diaper can be detected from across the room immediately - it's so bizarre and unpleasant haha. If it was making his colic better these side effects would be tolerable but so far....no cigar! ;0
Thank goodness Bob is still home to help out - and he has been absolutely wonderful (I'm so lucky!). We take turns with Cooper duty so we can each catch at least one nap per day since we don't sleep at night. We're only averaging 2-3 hours of sleep per day - usually little 30-40 minute naps at a time to make up that total. ;0
We love our little guy. His reflux and colic are not his fault. We feel terrible that we can't comfort him more when he gets so upset. We're doing the best we can and sometimes all that's left is to be patient and hopeful that this too shall pass. I will say though that if this stage has not passed by the time I need to return to work, I WILL be hiring a night nurse to help out with nights that Bob is away (maybe even sooner if things continue to be this difficult - a person has to sleep ya know). So, just to be ready for that in the event the need arises, I am going to start researching possible options for that now. I'm already in daycare interview/selection mode (saving that for another post) so why not add this to the mix, right?!
5 comments:
I'm so sorry..........I wish I was there to help. I know how hard it must be to see him so unhappy and crying.........keep calling Dr. Mike until something starts to work. Love, mom
I'm sorry to hear that nothing is working. I know its hard to watch them so unhappy and what its like to get frustrated with them even though its nothing they can control. Hang in there, things will get better...it just takes time and patience. Sound like you and Bob are doing great.
Julie, I feel for you and am sorry that Cooper is feeling so cruddy. It is so hard to be patient when your little man is so unhappy and you try idea after idea. The lack of sleep on top of it all makes it so frustrating. I remember when Jonathan would cry and scream for hours on end and when we thought he finally had fallen asleep, he'd wake up screaming again. It is definitely GERD and colic, it will get better even if it seems it won't. Stupid reflux. Get rest when you can. Thinking of all of you... Hang in there
Thank you for the love and support. I'm so sorry things are rough now. I love you guys. I'm thinking of you all. I miss talking to you all the time.
Gotta go the Gremlin is screaming.
Julie - I'm sorry things are so rough right now :( I don't know if this will work for you guys - but Chris and I had to do it w/ Jr the other night - Go for a drive! The car put him to sleep after a bit, we drove by the sea wall here on the base, and the lapping waves helped to calm him. HOpe that the new formula starts working soon! (Don't know if anyone has told you or not but our LC said it actually takes 10 days for formula to get completely out of thier system :( I'm sure it's probably the same for formula changes too)
Post a Comment