On Sunday, this past weekend, Bob and I took Cooper down to L.A. to meet my "little sister", Mary (Big Brothers Big Sisters: http://www.bbbs.org/) , for the first time. It was so wonderful to see Mary after many months due to my bed rest requirements. Mary was so sweet, patient and understanding about me not being able to visit with her and take her on fun outings while I was on bed rest and she kept in touch with me by phone and email so that we'd still be connected. I'm so excited to resume our fun outings now that I'm able to get around.
Mary and I have been matched as "sisters" since November, 2003 - she was 9 years old at the time and now she's 13 and she's starting high school this year! I'm so proud of her - she is such a wonderful and bright young woman.
Here's a picture of Mary holding Cooper. :)

1 comment:
Mary looks so grown up holding Cooper! He is getting bigger and bigger. Good job mom!
Glad to hear that he had a night where he actually had 5 hours of sleep. Actually that you had 5 hours of sleep! Grandma misses you all......Love, Mom
Post a Comment