Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OMG - we have a giggler!

I have to say that the greatest invention ever is the infant swing - particularly the Fisher Price cradle swing. It serves as a wonderful place to set Cooper after his feedings since he needs to be upright for 30-45 minutes due to his reflux. And, when he's sleepy but doesn't want to lay down in his portable bed or bassinet he does super well in the swing since he can rock back and forth and enjoy rainforest sounds and watch the cute little toys go round and round above him.

This morning in his swing he started out alert and happy and "talking" to the toys one minute, and totally conked out asleep the next.

I didn't catch it on camera, but as he awoke he giggled and smiled. I was sure he must have just peed (he always smiles big when he's peeing LOL) so I checked his diaper and it was dry! He was actually giggling! He did this giggling thing last night as he was falling asleep for the night and he was dry then too but I figured it was a fluke - but sure enough it happened again this morning so it's official - we have a giggler! yay! He's smiling a lot this morning which is so wonderful to see. I can't wait to capture one of these smiles on camera for the world to see :).

Here's a brief video of Cooper enjoying a nap in his swing a couple days ago. Thank you, Felicia & Jose for this wonderful swing - it's truly the most valuable piece of equipment in our house right now!! :)

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Our swing is also a fisher-price papasan style. Its so amazing how fast Colton calms down in it. Im glad to see Cooper is the same way. A good swing is definitely worth every penny they cost!

Anonymous said...

A giggler.......LOL and I'm missing it. The poor little thing has been so miserable it must be so wonderful for you and Bob to see him giggle and smile. I do hope you catch it on camera for me!! Yeah Cooper!!! Love, Grandma

Steve and Amy Beth said...

How precious your little Cooper is! I'm so glad he is feeling better and his true personality is coming through more and more! It makes being a Mommy even more rewarding when they smile and giggle at you doesn't it? I love when Jonathan smiles at me when I get him out of his bed! Clever photo captions, Julie, and cute video! I think that some company should make an adult-sized papasan swing for women on pregnancy bed rest and parents of babies with acid reflux! There's a concept! :)