I want to thank my wonderful husband for getting me a gift card for a massage service at Burke Williams spa (my favorite spa chain). He bought it for me for Valentine's but I couldn't use it back then due to needing the emergency cerclage surgery and bed rest orders that came down at that time.
Today I got to cash in the gift card and spent the better part of the afternoon at the spa while Bob stayed home with Cooper. Bob didn't complain about it one bit even though Cooper had a cranky day and cried a ton of the time while I was out.
I had a 80-minute Swedish and Shiatsu combination massage - oh yeah! Before the massage I spent time in the jacuzzi and the steam room. After the massage I tried to nap in the "quiet room" but wasn't able to fall asleep because the furniture wasn't comfortable (too firm and awkward, no pillows, scratchy blanket) and because I started thinking about how Cooper and Bob might be doing while I was away. Besides, I napped while I was on the massage table - at least for part of it. :)
While I was in the jacuzzi there were a couple women in there chatting it up very loudly as they sat below and across from signs that said in bold print "Please refrain from conversation; this is a silent jacuzzi". Thankfully the manager on duty saw this happening and asked the women to be quiet - but unfortunately as soon as the manager turned her back the chatty wenches resumed their loud conversation. The manager returned and saw the quiet disappointment on my face quietly acknowledged my pain with a nod. After I gave up on the idea of a quiet soak in the jacuzzi and departed for the steam room the manager followed me and apologized for the rude women in the jacuzzi and told me that I'd be receiving a few free passes to come back and use the facility. Nice! ;) Who knows if the opportunity will ever arise now that I'm a mommy - but hey, it's nice to know it's an option and now that I know Bob can handle an afternoon with Cooper it just may happen - we'll see. I'll give Bob some time to forget all the crying/screaming he had to endure today before I ask him to do it again.
Although I was not impressed by the spa location (it's one in a chain), I recognize that I was spoiled by living near the chain's best location (Santa Monica) when I started becoming a spa-goer. In spite of the disappointing jacuzzi and quiet room, I did really enjoy my visit there since I had an amazing massage treatment that felt really great.
I'm really grateful to Bob for making my afternoon at the spa possible. I love you, Bob!
3 comments:
Sounds like a nice day. Thats cool that they gave you some free passes. A lot of places wouldn't care enough to do anything.
side note: I had been wondering if you lived near either of those places. If we end up near you, we will definitely need to get together. Especially since the boys will be old enough to actually play together by then. We're planning on banking a couple weeks of our time share (since we're too busy and baby was too expensive to even use it right now) and doing a nice big 2 week getaway there. Thanks for the extra suggestions too!
Hello,
We are one of bigest factory which specially manufactory massage production from China
We manufactory protable massage tables,chairs,electrical beds,hospitable beds and hot stone,ect.
Welcome to visit our websit: www.JFmassagetable.com
Let me know if who need price and detailed information,contact sales01@jfmassagetable.com
Best regards,
Gary Xue
www.JFmassagetable.com
HUANGSHAN JINFU WOOD CO., LTD
Sales department:
827-829,176 #,QiuTaoBei Road,Hangzhou,Zhejiang,China
Tel: + 86 571 86038705
Fax: + 86 571 86037895
Email: sales01@jfmassagetable.com
MSN: jf-gary@hotmail.com
OMG - I can't decide if that is hilarious or infuriating that someone would dare post a spam message on my blog to try to sell me massage equipment simply because I mentioned I received a massage. Unbelievable!
Post a Comment