....foot. =)
A few weeks after Cooper was born I started having pain in my left foot - on the top of the foot. It was really sore but I couldn't remember hurting it so I had no idea why it was sore. It seemed to get worse and never went away. I can walk on it just fine - not limping or anything like that. In fact, it hurts more when I'm sitting or laying down (so strange). I decided last week that I'd better have it looked at while I'm still on maternity leave so that if there's an issue I can get it taken care of now.
I had a visit with my general physician today. He poked and prodded my foot and concluded that it's unlikely to be anything broken/fractured but that it looks/sounds like tendinitis as a result of long-term underuse followed by sudden overuse (in other words, I was in bed for 5 months and suddenly on my feet all the time). He gave me a bunch of exercises to do for 2-3 weeks and said that if it doesn't feel better by the end of that time to go back in for further evaluation.
So that's the latest in the "mommy issues" category.
1 comment:
Hopefully the exercises help with the pain and can help strengthen it again. Good luck!
Post a Comment