Wednesday, June 4, 2008

33 Weeks, checkup, and my super hubby

We made it to 33 weeks and had a great appointment today with Dr.N. My belly is measuring 40 cm already!! That's a jump of 3 cm in the last 2 weeks after we were at 37 cm for nearly a month. Baby O's heartbeat was good and strong in the 140's as usual. He's still breech so we talked more about what to do about that.

Dr.N says that based on the baby's position I should start laying on my right side most of the time. I usually am on my left side the most but end up on my right side while sleeping because my left side is so painful and sore from spending months primarily on that side. I can't be on the computer easily when on my right side so I'll be online less now. That's ok though - I'm storing up tons of TV programs on the DVR and have to watch the childbirth DVDs now anyway.

As we get closer to 35 weeks, if Baby O is still breech, Dr.N wants me to put a cold compress up by the baby's head and a warm one down low because that has been known to help encourage the baby to move away from cold in search of warmth. He also said to use headphones with music down low because the baby may get curious to see what the noise is and want to hear it better by flipping down. Lastly, he said I can spend 10-15 minutes on all fours a couple times per day because that position creates more room/opportunity for the baby to move.

After we left the doc's office we drove to the Whole Foods market so Bob could run in and grab lunch for everyone (and where we could get my favorite spicy udon noodles which I'm craving). I remained in the car (reclined) and called my mom to fill her in on the appointment. When he returned to the car with a couple of bags he told me he had almost gotten me this great tray of mixed berries and chocolate dipping sauce but he read the label for the sauce and found it had liqueur in it so he didn't get it as he knew I wouldn't eat it and would be sad watching them eat it. He got a carrot cake and some cookies instead. :) I was so impressed that Bob read the label before settling on something for me - he's totally paying attention to all the things I can't have - he's so great!

Lunch was great and I'm stuffed and laying on my right side trying to type - that's how I know I won't be doing this much - it's too hard to do as a rightie - the position needed to type and use the mouse is pulling a back muscle so once this post is up, the laptop will be pushed aside for a while so I can stay on my right side and hope Baby O decides to switch positions - preferably head-down. We shall see!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

glad you had a good appt :) Mine was a work in today and was so-so, ;) atleast one of us had a good one!! :)

Lissa said...

Glad to hear everything is well. Interesting tips he gave for getting Baby to turn. I might have to try a few since mine is also still Breech.

Shannon said...

Way to go!! 33 weeks is awesome! My twins were 33 weekers and are totally perfect!

Mayah was breech for a good bit at the end and after spending time on my hands and knees (really helped my back pain too), about 3 or 4 times a day for about 10 minutes each - within a week she flipped!

You are doing so awesome! Keep up the good work momma!