Bob and I hopped in the car and headed to the hospital. My OB had called ahead to let them know I was coming in so when I got to the desk they immediately asked "Are you Mrs.Olsen?....right this way..."
Thankfully, as soon as the NST was hooked up, the baby's heartbeat was strong and in normal range. He was moving like crazy and I was not having any contractions. They kept me hooked up for 30-45 minutes and concluded that he is doing great and that the Matria nurse's doppler may have been malfunctioning.
The nurses at the hospital were super nice. That was my first trip there so it was a relief that they were so nice and responsive when I arrived. So now I know exactly where to go when it's "go-time".
So, we're relieved it was a false alarm. On the way home we stopped at Robek's so Bob could get me a fruit smoothie and then we headed home and I'm back in bed. :)
2 comments:
Not fun! But at least it was just something as simple as the doppler malfunctioning. Although I'm sure you were still a bit freaked out! I'm glad you were pleased with the nurses in L&D at your hospital. You'll be spending a lot of time with them when the big day arrives. Glad to hear you are back home and both you and baby are fine. Hope you enjoyed your smoothie!
Chris jokes that he's glad we've already had 2 "test runs" to L&D - even if it was for monitoring. We've learned which (of the 2 that I've had) nurses take me seriously and listen and which ones think they know more then the Dr. :) Glad you had a good experiance ;) Maybe next time Bob shouldn't "plan" to break you out of jail .... ;) just a thought lol
Post a Comment