Yay! We made it to 34 weeks! It's pretty amazing since I can remember with the utmost of clarity the moment after my cerclage surgery (at 17w1d) when Dr.S looked me in the eye and said "I did my best but there are no guarantees. Yours {cervix} was among the worst I've ever seen.....let's hope that we can get you past viability." It seemed so daunting and hopeless back then. But here we are, 17 weeks later, and not only did we get past viability but we're just 2 weeks away from having that cerclage removed and allowing Baby Olsen to make his grand entrance.
We hope that Baby Olsen will continue to "cook" so that when he does arrive he'll be considered full-term - but anything from 37 weeks forward is full-term - we're so close!!
Next week, when we reach 35 weeks we'd be permitted to deliver at our local hospital (which doesn't have a NICU) - although when we visited the Labor and Delivery unit of the hospital last week we learned that 34-week twins were born there and doing well so we feel pretty good about going there now even if we didn't get to 35 weeks. BUT we fully intend to get past 36 weeks and I'm hopeful to reach 38 weeks. Fingers crossed!
3 comments:
This is so wonderful to hear. And I'm sure it really helps to make all that bedrest just a little bit easier knowing you've made it this far. Keep him cookin, Hun!
You've been so freaking determined this whole time ;) You'll make it!! Obviously Baby O is following in his mama's stubborn footsteps ;)
"Yours {cervix} was among the worst I've ever seen.....let's hope that we can get you past viability." "
Such a huge blessing that you got this far! You did so well!
Post a Comment