Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dueling freight trains

It took me 2 hours to fall asleep last night because Bob fell asleep first and promptly began snoring like a freight train. Usually I can just gently touch his face or put my hand on his arm and that's enough for him to stop or shift positions and stop snoring but none of that worked last night.

Apparently, once I fell asleep, I managed to wake Bob up with MY snoring. He said it was so bad that he got up and went into the office to watch TV for a little while. I remember waking up at 4:45 am for a bathroom break and seeing he wasn't in bed and thinking "oh good, I'll be able to fall back asleep without all that snoring!" haha!!

At around 6:30 am I woke up to the sound of Bob snoring and tried to get him to shift positions to stop but all that managed to accomplish was to wake him up. He laughed and said something like "you want ME to stop snoring?!" and I proceeded to tell him how he kept me up for hours.

Well we had a good laugh because whenever one of us was asleep (and snoring loudly), the other was awake and going out of their mind trying to get the snoring to stop.

It'll be so nice when Bob's cold is gone and this baby moves his big head off of my diaphragm so I can breathe better - I'm certain that's why we're suffering from the dueling freight trains.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

This sounds all too familiar. I guess thats one perk of Nick working nights...only 2 nights a week do we have this problem! It used to only be him, but since Baby has gotten bigger, I now have joined the snoring world. But not much longer and it will be crying babies keeping us up and we will no longer be bothered by the snoring

Nicole said...

My allergist suggested breathe right strips (because I DON'T snore - but Chris SWEARS I do) to help breathe at night while pregnant.. I hear they also help w/ colds too ;).