We're scheduled for a baby growth/weight ultrasound with Dr.S next Tuesday and the plan was that if baby is near 6 lbs the stitches would come out the following day at Dr.N's office. HOWEVER, we found out today that if the baby is still breech they won't take the stitches out since the act of taking them out could initiate labor and they don't to do anything that could cause me to go into labor while he's in the breech position - this I do NOT understand since you can still have a c/section done after labor has started and once past 36 weeks they wouldn't stop labor so I'm so frustrated right now.
If he's still breech by 38 weeks we *could* attempt an external version - a technique where a doctor attempts to move the baby by placing his hands on my belly and manually manipulating the baby - this would be done at the hospital with the aid of ultrasound and baby monitors so that if it causes distress they can do an emergency c-section. However, this technique is only 50% effective, but even less so for first-time moms. To make matters worse, it may not be an option for us because it would be performed by the perinatologist (Dr.S) but we recently found out (from discussing it with him at my last appointment) that he is against taking "unnatural" measures to flip the baby. GRRRRR. Not that I WANT to have this technique done, but I'd like to have the option to try to avoid a c/section if possible because a c/section just adds to the time I'll be recovering and dependent on others --- I mean, isn't 5 months (nearly half of a year) in bed ENOUGH already!!!!????
My OB says if we do go with a c/section, it'd be scheduled for 39 weeks. OMG - seriously, another whole month (actually 5 weeks) of this craziness - that alone is making me cry. At least if the stitches were out we'd have a chance of getting this baby here a little bit early (not too early, but seriously folks, a couple weeks early would have been wonderful given what I've been through). I'm so uncomfortably big and my hips and back hurt so bad yet I can't do anything about it - only activity and massage would help and I can't get out to do either. ;0
If the stitches don't come out next week, my bed rest orders will change from strict/complete to "modified" - meaning I can get up and move around but no lifting, not too much walking - I had to laugh and say "then what's the point?" - I would like to think that eating while sitting up would be a big treat for me to look forward to but come on now - I need more than that. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another 5 weeks chained to this bed. After I'm done posting this I'm going to call around to find a wheelchair rental and once I hit 36 weeks I WILL be out and about and Bob will just have to push me around in a wheelchair if that's what it takes to comply with the new restrictions. Bob isn't thrilled with having to mess with a wheelchair but I told him he's going to have no choice - because the alternative is dealing with me in a bad mood for a full month - so I think he'll deal with the wheelchair just fine.
On a funny note, as we sat in Dr.N's office, I jokingly mentioned that maybe this is Baby O's way of proving that he will take mommy seriously - after all, just 2 months ago when he WAS head-down and was pressing his head too hard on my cervix I asked him (OK, I lectured him) to stop head-butting mommy's cervix. He listened and he turned and he's been breech ever since. So Bob couldn't resist looking at me and saying "So, this is YOUR fault."
So, let's collectively ask (or lecture) Baby O to return to the head-down position - preferably before next Tuesday. Thank you, in advance, for helping me discipline my little guy in utero. His mommy needs a break and if she doesn't get one soon, she's going to start torturing his daddy - and that's a promise
4 comments:
Piece of advice: Tell Bob that he does not get points for saying "I told you so" - MY OB told Chris this and that he will be so far in debt by the time that the kid arrives he will be making it up forever so don't add to the hole now!
To Baby O: You can turn around now and be a pain in the ribs like Junior. We would much prefer if it was your little rump sticking up into your mommy's ribs then your head!!!
This is our typical Julie! Always adding humor to anything and keeping things positive in one way or another. I will send lots of "Flip Baby O Vibes" your way! I know how badly you want to get off bedrest, and you deserve it! Make sure you give him as good of lectures as you did before. Have you tried the headphone thing? Try something really upbeat with headphones on your lower belly. I don't know for sure yet, but I think it may have worked for my little one because I now am constantly getting jabbed under my ribs. Good luck! I'll keep you in my prayers like usual.
Flip Baby O, flip!!!
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment