WARNING - Pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me today so I have to rant about some things. I'm in a very annoyed mood thanks to the extreme boredom setting in. Some of you may want to skip this post LOL.
TV stinks during the day (and during the night too now that everything is a repeat) - once "The View" is over there's nothing interesting to watch. I can't watch soap operas or medical mystery shows so I end up with CNN and MSNBC. But I can't bear to hear anymore about the stupid Democratic primary and what all the stupid political pundits have to say about Hillary's concession, or lack thereof - or what does it mean the Obama appointed Caroline Kennedy to his committee to review VP candidates. It makes me angry and it makes me laugh because to me it means there's more evidence he doesn't know what the heck he's doing - I mean, what the heck does SHE know about who would make a good VP? She has no political experience except for being on the commission for presidential debates (so what!?) - but mostly, she writes books about poetry. It's like he's handing McCain a freebie right now with these choices that do nothing but exemplify his naivety and lack of experience. It blows my mind that he or anyone on his campaign might think for a minute that he could be elected President without Hillary as his VP running mate. This is going to be interesting.
Then there's John McCain who doesn't know the difference between a city and a state yet thinks he's smart enough to be President - what a joke! The other night in his speech he said "this great state of New Orleans..."--- what a moron -- expects us to be in Iraq for 100 years, yet he's done nothing to improve the state of critical health care for war veterans and their families (you should hear what my friends are going through with their pregnancies while they're married to active duty soldiers - it's horrifying to say the least) -- and he's trying to convince us he's not Bush the 3rd - ha! By the way, have you seen McCain's presidential campaign website -- one of the more prominent links on his home page is one to "Golf Gear" -- um, excuse me but are you for real? And, if you look at his list of upcoming events there's a list of 8 events occurring over the next 7 days - every single one is a "finance" lunch or reception. At least Obama's schedule is chock full of rallies and interviews to get his message out - not high priced elitist fundraisers.
In spite of the record turnout of voters in the primaries, I would not be surprised one bit if we have a different kind of record in the general election - record amounts of voters staying home on election day because of utter disgust with the choices we are now faced with. I'm a die-hard Democrat and even I am disgusted right now. I'll vote (and I'll vote for the Democrat), but I am not happy about the choice being put to me at this point. Bob is a fan of Barack Obama though - at least one of us will be happy to cast their vote come election time. I think Hillary Clinton is the better choice and am deeply disappointed she's not the nominee.
OK, so I'm done with my political rant....that's the last time I'll be discussing that on this blog - you're probably glad to hear that! LOL
So I turned the TV off and picked up some baby care books to read. Only each one contradicted the last one so after spending a few hours reading those this morning I had to put them down before I went out of my mind trying to figure out which of them knows what they're talking about even though all of them sound so absurdly extreme - one says to get a baby on a rigid schedule from the moment he comes home, letting them cry it out (whatever!) while another says to cater to their EVERY whim and whimper and hold them every waking hour for the first four months. Seriously!? These are not kooky books either - they're mainstream and popular books. I'm starting to think the authors are crazy though. I'm not going to let a newborn cry it out and I'm certainly not going to spend four months with the baby permanently attached to me during every moment that I'm awake either. I'm liking the idea of "winging it" better and better. Maybe I should stay away from all of these books. LOL
Once I put the books down I had to figure out what to do next. I decided napping wasn't wise as that really messed me up yesterday when I slept from 2-5:30 pm (with several potty breaks of course) and then couldn't fall asleep at bed time (haha, as if any time isn't "bed time" for me).
I broke down to try the video games again - the ones we bought to use with the PS3 system I won in a sweepstakes a couple months back. Unfortunately, the games are so complicated and frustrating that it takes me 5 minutes before I'm ready to throw the whole thing out the window. Seriously, I think we'll have to sell it or give it to my little sister and her siblings because I will never use it - it just makes me angry every time I attempt to make use of it. What's funny is that when I give up and get mad Bob tries to show me that it's not that hard and he starts to play and as soon as he gets stuck he tries to get me to try again. Why in the world would I want to put myself through that? So right now Bob is struggling with one of the games, totally stuck in the same spot where I last got stuck and gave up - yet he's not giving up - good for him. I just can't take it anymore so I refuse to take the controller. OK - 40 minutes of being stuck in the same spot over and over and Bob has finally given up and turned the game off. At least I'm not the only one -- I just refuse to waste that much time on it - I spent 5 minutes being stuck at the same spot that he spent 40 minutes being stuck at yet somehow I'm the one with steam coming out of my ears and he just says "ah, forget it" and calmly walks away. Aaaaahhh!
I don't understand why they've had to make these games so complicated! Remember the good old days of Atari with Asteroids and Space Invaders and Pac Man?! Why the hell can't there be a comeback of those straight forward and fun games?? I don't even care that the graphics are not "cool" like the new games are - I just want some achievable and simple mindless games to play with - what's so wrong with that?!
UGH! I'm glad I got THAT out of my system. Maybe now I can resume that positive and happy attitude I've been maintaining for so long (hopefully!).
2 comments:
http://www.freetetris.org/welcomeback.html
Here Jules. Try this. Easy and mindless. LO
Love you
The only game I can stomach is Tetris!
Ha! Atari, Pac Man...do you remember Frogger?
Post a Comment