This morning Bob said he'd be taking my dad to our dentist today because dad had a painful tooth. They came to see us first and my dad looked pretty miserable. When they arrived I was hurting from a poor attempt to get back into bed too quickly. The nurse brought me the cure-all (vicodin) and soon all was well with the world again.
Less than 2 hours after leaving, Bob and dad returned - with my mom in tow! She wasn't due to arrive until Saturday but they all conspired to surprise me with her early arrival. Hmmmm....sensing a trend here? I'm thrilled she's here. She had fun holding and feeding Cooper. Dad and Bob seem relieved there's another set of hands to help since we're taking Cooper home tomorrow. yay! :)
They're back at the house, getting ready for Cooper's homecoming. Hunter has been cuddling with a receiving blanket with the baby's scent on it - Bob brought it to her to get her familiar with Cooper's scent before we get him home. Bob said she immediately snuggled and licked the blanket. We know it will be love at first sight but the challenge will be keeping the dog from licking the baby. We're pretty sure the cat, Winnie, will stay away from the baby since she's not a cuddler with any of us - never has been.
The first week home I'll be on modified bed rest - yup, there are those two dreaded words again. Dr. N says the heaviest lifting allowed is picking up Cooper (phew!). He said I can take the baby to the doctor, and I can shower and do the basics carefully. But the focus is on recovery and feeding Cooper (and attending a neighborhood baby shower on Sunday :)
OK, time to rest. Big day tomorrow. Be sure to check back for pics of Cooper tomorrow night.
2 comments:
Congrats on everything, Julie! You did good! I miss you! I love you! (And I have been stalking you waiting for pictures of Cooper! Just so you know it's me and not some random crazy...*shuffle* lol)
I just caught up on your blog!! :) I'm soooo excited/happy for you *(especially about the breastmilk ... I know how much you worried about that!!!)* I know I'm waiting with baited breath to hear ALL about the homecoming and how things go w/ the new Master of the House and Hunter's first actual meeting! :)
Post a Comment