Tuesday, June 3, 2008

4 months of bed rest

Today marks 16 weeks (4 months) that I've spent in bed. It's hard to believe sometimes because time has flown by - THANKFULLY! (though my hips and back disagree)

3 weeks from today is the next visit with Dr.S to measure Baby Olsen and estimate his weight - if he is up to 6 lbs by then we'll be cleared to have the cerclage stitches removed that week - if not, then it'll be removed the following week.

Once the cerclage is removed, the baby will be free to make his grand entrance whenever labor sets in. Dr.N said that a good predictor of whether someone will go into labor immediately or soon after the cerclage is removed is whether they've had a lot of daily contraction activity in the weeks leading up to the procedure. So far, my contractions have been mostly "under threshold" which means there's a decent chance I could remain pregnant for a couple weeks after the cerclage removal. I'd be happy with that since those couple of weeks would include permission to be out of bed and doing things to prepare for the baby. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I give you a lot of credit for that! Way to go, Woman! Hopefully he'll want to stay swimming around in there for a few extra weeks so you can enjoy being up, doing some shopping, and getting a little strength back.

Oh, and I will try to post a picture of the chair tonight yet.