So...dad just handed me dinner - a plate of noodles with a bunch of blandly cooked ground beef, carrots and green beans mixed in. I accepted it happily - with a smile even, in spite of my foul mood. But as soon as he left the room I just stared at this plate and wondered what the heck was going on - this isn't typical of the gourmet feasts my dad has been feeding me. Well, I figured, it must taste better than it looks - so I dug in. OMG - the noodles were great but the beef and the veggies mixed in - ew - dry and flavorless. It reminded me of the mixture we gave Hunter (the dog) last year to settle her stomach when she was sick.
Now, it didn't even OCCUR to me that my dad didn't make this concoction. After I finished the dinner my dad returned with a brownie and whipped cream for dessert (thank God!) which I quickly pigged out on to cover up the icky taste in my mouth from the dinner plate.
Moments later, Bob enters the room. After some small talk he asks me how dinner was and I made a face (one which clearly would indicate the ick factor that I felt as I was eating the dinner LOL) and immediately I realized my mistake - and Bob says "oh it figures!....I made it." I felt sooo bad. I apologized and he didn't buy it - poor guy! I told him he forgot to put spices or flavor in with the meat. I said the noodles were good and he replied "yeah, well those were the noodles your dad made yesterday." Oops! I told him he gets an "A for effort" and he still wasn't buying it and walked out of the room.
He knows I've been in a crappy mood all day - as soon as I woke up I wandered into his office where he was and declared "I'm sick of this." He laughed and reminded me that I asked for this (pregnancy). I grumbled, stopped at the bathroom, then crawled back into bed where the rest of my grouchy day continued (as described in my previous grouch/rant-filled post).
So as I'm finishing up this post, Bob returned to the bedroom just now and looked at me with a hopeful smile and said "Are you still grouchy?" I just laughed. He said "Is that a yes?" I laughed again. Then he came over and gave me a kiss. I repeated my apology. He said "We need to get you out of the house tomorrow for some fresh air." So, he gets it and he forgives me. :) I love Bob!
3 comments:
Ha, Bob sounds just like Nick: " You asked for this pregnancy." I get that a lot. I had emotional issues today and felt so bad for Nick. I had wanted to watch P.S. I Love You but I know its going to make me cry and I didn't want him to have to deal with that before going to work. Well, some other things made me bawl my eyes out for quite a while instead so he still had to deal with me! I think our husbands should get awards for putting up with us and forgiving us so easily. The picture frame I bought him for Father's Day just doesn't seem like enough anymore.
I hope getting out tomorrow will help bring back the high spirits you always seem to have! Take care!
Why is it that all men at some point in pregnancy like ours actually say "Well this is what YOU wanted.... YOU wanted to expericance THIS". UH NO!!! Nobody wants to actually expericance the 'crappy side' of pregnancy!!! lol okay I think I'm done ranting - hope your feeling better!!!
Hang in there Julie. the clock is ticking and soon you will get that well deserved, anticipated little angel as a prize!! I laughed about your story about dinner not being up to par - and I can just see Bob's face LOL. Tell him not to worry that his cooking will outshine mine for sure!!!
I hope you have a nice outing this weekend in the car. You deserve some fresh air and a change of environment. Just take it easy but enjoy. Love, Mom
Post a Comment