Today was a pretty boring day in spite of its "exciting" start. At 4 am I awoke to the sound of my poor kitty throwing up on the floor next to the bed. I think it was the first time I "forgot" how huge I am because I sprung out of bed and ran for a towel to put down on the floor in front of the cat to minimize the damage to the carpet. I was too late but thankfully I didn't do any damage to my poor body in the process.
Normally, Bob would get up and tend to the kitty and the carpet (yes, this happens quite often), but he has a cold which I need him to recover from quickly without passing it to me so I wanted him to stay in bed and sleep. He's not allowed to hang out around me while he's sick and we have some "rules" such as he's not allowed to prepare any food for me, we have separate towels for hand drying in the bathroom, and he's supposed to keep his hands off the TV remote but he can't seem to comply with that one so I keep my antibacterial hand gel handy and use it every time I have to touch the remote or anything Bob may have had his hands on. So, fingers crossed that Bob's cold is over soon and that I won't catch it since it would be horrendously miserable to have a cold when I can't take anything to feel better.
For dinner tonight, we had buffalo chili cheese fries - it was so yummy! I'm pretty sure I'm going to starve when my dad goes back to CT later this month - it's a good thing I've gained 48 lbs of reserve to tap into haha!
2 comments:
I remember the days of cat puke. Ick. And luckily Smokey doesn't puke that often. Thats one thing about Mommy-hood I'm NOT looking forward to. I do NOT handle vomit well. I don't even allow myself to throw up unless I'm REALLY sick and can't hold it back. Anyways, onto nicer topics. Buffalo Chili Cheese Fries sound so good! My grilled burger/potato packets I'm making tonight just sound so plain now. I love always reading about the new things your dad cooks for you. I can't wait until my mom comes after Baby is born because I know she'll do TONS of cooking and also freeze lots of meals for us. Ok, long enough comment. Hope the rest of your day has been good!
Julie - I ended up here following a link from the July 2008 EC on ivillage. I wanted to tell you to talk to your vet at the next appointment about the frequent vomiting. I got a new perscription food for my cat and she rarely vomits now. Good luck! It's yucky!
Post a Comment