Wednesday, April 9, 2008

25 Weeks, 37 lbs - wowie!

Just back from my 25 week OB appointment with Dr.N. Clocked in with a 5 lb gain since just last week!! Bringing my total gain so far to 37 lbs!!!!! ;0 OINK! Once again, Dr.N's response "that's great!" and once again, all I could say was "OK!" with a side of laughter.

Fundal height is 27 cm which is within normal range.

Baby Olsen's heart rate today is 149. My blood pressure was normal and I can't remember what he said it was exactly - 100 over something which is normal for me.

We got an unplanned ultrasound since my Dad brought me to the appointment and I brought him with me to the exam room so he could meet Dr.N. Dr.N said "let's do an ultrasound for fun to show grandpa." yay! The ultrasound confirmed my suspicions that Baby Olsen is laying diagonally with his head to the left of my belly button and his feet down low to the right. I felt him move into that position on the drive to the doc's office and even said to my dad "hey look at this little lump here - I think that's the baby's head pushing up here." All morning I could feel him kicking me down low too.

Dr. N said I'll be doing the glucose test in 2 weeks. Ugh. I knew that was coming - it's standard - I just hope I pass it. Dr.N said there's been no traces of sugar in my urine at each appointment which is a good sign. Of course my Dad had to pipe up and say "well you know diabetes runs in our family." Dad, shhhh!! LOL I already told them that and that's why I did the glucose test early on at 9 weeks to rule it out in the first trimester. But, many women develop the gestational diabetes in the second trimester so its standard to test toward the end of the 2T. So, I have two weeks to enjoy eating whatever I want and then if I fail that test it'll be no fun eating after that haha. Pass the cake, hurry! ;0

Bob is at the orthopedic surgeon's office right now getting his MRI results. Can't wait to hear how that goes. I'll post an update on that as soon as I get the news.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on another tear-free appointment! :) It's a weird feeling when they change positions right? Jr is currently folded in half, head up and I got to feel him move completely around from head down - it HURT ;) but was cool at the same time! Let us know what the Doc says about the knee!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is too funny! What a special time for just you and your Dad to share!