Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Laying down is tiring!

When this started two months ago I figured how could I ever be tired since I'm not allowed to do anything buy lay in bed. But gosh darn it - I'm exhausted! I wonder if the muscle loss has kicked in because everything tires me out now - even my trips to the bathroom which is just 10 feet away from the bed. ;0

Since I'm still working my mind is kept busy during the weekdays thankfully, otherwise I think I'd end up asleep all day and then of course awake all night. I think I finally understand what the doctors were talking about when they told me to stick to a strict schedule while on bed rest - it would be very easy to get off schedule and end up in a vicious cycle of sleepless nights and all that could go along with that.

Next appointment with Dr.N is tomorrow for my 25 week checkup. :) Next week I will see Dr.S for my cervix check - the Dr.S visits make me nervous because those are the ones that I could end up not coming home from if the measurements are short enough they could send me straight to the hospital -- so we're hopeful and praying that my cervix hasn't shortened anymore since the last check - won't know until next Tuesday though. Meantime...back to the business of laying down and choosing which sore hip to lean on for the hour.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie: Make sure you call your insurance company to get some physical therapy. Have you been exercising your legs? You need to do that.

You need to build back up some strength for when the baby arrives!! Love, Mom

Nicole said...

I totally hear you on not sticking to a schedule - and it's not just for bed rest! If I don't stick to a schedule now, I pay for it! Good vibes for your next couple of appts! :) (and for Bob's knee too)

Anonymous said...

The count down is on!!

I love the little map of your surroundings the other day too :)

Anonymous said...

The best advice I was given before bedrest was to get up, take a shower and get dressed everyday. I realize, my bedrest wasn't as strict as yours, so I could go downstairs and 'felt' as if I was going somewhere. It made me feel more human. It's easy to get stuck in a rut while on bedrest.