A couple weeks ago I received a letter via FedEx informing me that I had won a sweepstakes I entered at our favorite frozen yogurt shop in town. During the holiday season at one of our frequent stops at Golden Spoon I filled out a little card and dropped it into the box for a sweepstakes sponsored by ABC Family network - "25 days of Christmas". The letter didn't state which prize I won, just that I would get one of the prizes valued around $750 or more - cool!
They needed me to fill out paperwork and have it notarized and sent back by a deadline and it required my SS# for tax purposes so I was pretty hesitant at first (about giving out my SS#). I did some research and determined it was totally legitimate so I had a notary come to the house and notarize the form and then called FedEx to come pick up the paperwork to send it off.
Less than two weeks later I received an email informing me that the prize being sent to me was a gaming system - no details as to WHICH system or anything like that - just that it was a gaming system and what the shipping tracking # was.
It arrived on Wednesday - a PlayStation 3 - 80 g system! Wow! Now, I'm not a big video game person but I will tell you something - after being in bed for over 8 weeks with nothing but web surfing, reading and TV watching to do, I am EXCITED. The game it came with is not my cup of tea so Bob and Dad are at Blockbuster RIGHT NOW with a list in hand to hunt down some games I want to try out. Am I spoiled or what!? :)
So now you know what I'll be doing this weekend. =)
Meantime --- I'm patiently waiting for the nurse to arrive to administer my weekly shot. She's very late today. She called to warn me she would be but it's nearly 6pm so I hope she gets here soon.
2 comments:
let me know which games you ended up going with ;). And I totally understand the being excited about something like that... especially when your limited on your sources of entertainment! Just becareful you don't get "hooked" ;)
I LOVE GOLDEN SPOON!!! So wish we had one close to here. There was one that opened in Vegas ans I only go to go a few times before we moved. How exciting for you!
Post a Comment