Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Contractions and funny feelings - but all is a-ok!

This morning my contraction monitoring session recorded two contractions in an hour. When the nurse called to report the results she said they were spaced apart and were "small" which is good. If there are 4 or more detected in an hour, they call the OB for instructions so as long as I have irregular and infrequent ones it's ok.

Later in the morning I noticed I was still having a funny feeling "down there" - hard to explain without being gross so I'll just say that it's a feeling I've had for a couple days and this morning after hearing I had a couple contractions I realized that Dr.N had told me that if I felt something in there or things just "don't feel right" that I should call - this is because of having a cerclage.

So I called, described the feeling and the gal at the front desk said she'd pass the message to Dr.N and they'd call back shortly to let me know what to do. Within 15 minutes they called back and said Dr.N wanted to see me right away. rut-roh.

So off we went. Dr.N did an exam to check the status of the cerclage and make sure the cervix was still closed with nothing bulging out. Apparently, the description of the feeling I was having is consistent with bulging membranes/water sac which is why he wanted me to get in there right away. THANKFULLY, the cerclage was still in place and keeping my cervix closed and nothing appeared to be causing the strange feeling I was having. PHEW!

Dr.N did a quick ultrasound and we got to see Baby Olsen - head down with his little bum positioned just under my belly button and legs and feet off to the right of my belly button. He's putting a little bit of pressure on my cervix but Dr.N wasn't concerned about that which is good.

So all is fine and it's still a super "yay for 24 weeks" day. :)

By the way, they put me on the scale when I arrived and OMG -- 170 lbs!!!! Bob's eyes nearly fell out of his head when he saw that! LOL Oink!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Dude - I sooo have you beat on the scale #. ;) AND I'm NOT on bed rest!!! (well okay I did start out with some extra padding) Glad everything is a-okay! Oh and sorry if I over stepped by posting on Iv. ;) I was just worried about ya!

Shannon said...

I am sorry to hear about your scare - but am glad that things are all okay now! Congrats on 24 weeks! I remember how I felt when I got there - Well hitting 24 weeks meant an admit to the hospital for me. I am just glad that you are not in the hospital!

Julie said...

Nikky - I don't mind that you posted to iV - you're so sweet. :)

Shannon - On my way to the OB yesterday I kept thinking "I should have packed a bag" because I was convinced I wasn't going home from that unscheduled visit. I'm so grateful I was wrong about that!

Lizze said...

I'm so glad everything turned out okay! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

OMG - You keep your poor mother in the dark! Probably a good thing. Glad everything is ok. Maybe you should have your father rig something up that puts you standing on your head comfortably :) Love ya, Mom