On Friday I went in for my 1-hour glucose test. Got to drink the lovely "limeaid" flavored sugar drink, wait an hour in a reclining chair while Bob watched TV on his cell phone and I played with my blackberry to instant message with my friend, Nikky, who is also expecting in July. The wait that day wasn't so bad and the hour went by quickly since I had a meeting with "dracula" at the end of the hour (when you want time to fly it drags but when you want it to drag, it flies). So at the end of the hour, "dracula" came calling and jabbed me with a needle to take my blood and sent us on our merry way. We went straight from the lab to the Starbucks drive-thru so I could get a decaf nonfat vanilla latte and a coffee cake - figuring this is probably the last chance to eat yummy foods. Dracula had said the results would be in at Dr.N's office by noon Monday.
I called Dr.N's office yesterday around noon - results not in yet, instructed to call later in the day. Called later in the day - results still not in, instructed to call next day. Called today at half past noon - results still not in. This time, Dr.N's office is calling the lab to find out what the deal is and to get my results and then they'll have Dr.N call me when he has the results. Ok, fine. Meanwhile, I'm trying to enjoy the food freedom just in case I failed the test and end up on an icky strict diet. Please hope and pray that I passed! Imagine having 8+ more weeks of bed rest and not being able to eat anything yummy! That would just be too cruel.
1 comment:
Like I told Lizze... Ah *imagine handwaving experession here* you'll do fine!
Post a Comment