Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cake craving is officially over!

Last week I indulged with a cake Dad made for me. Then yesterday Bob came home from the market with a cake to celebrate his birthday (imagine how bad I felt that he had to go get his own birthday cake since I'm on bed rest - thank goodness I could order his birthday present ahead of time and have that ready for him). Anyway, Bob's favorite cake is carrot cake so that's what he got. I like carrot cake but not as much as other cakes. However, when one craves cake, just about any cake will do.

Today was a bad eating day. It started out well with some scrambled eggs and waffles but quickly went downhill at lunch time when I decided I wanted pizza and we put a Boboli pizza crust with sauce and cheese toppings in the oven. Sure, it tasted great, but I ate WAY too much of it. I think over a 2 hour period I ate 4 pieces (oink). Before eating the pizza and while waiting for it to cook I was soooo hungry (because I waited too long to get lunch and it was already 2:30 pm) so I ate a yogurt for the protein fix. About an hour and a half after eating all that pizza I gave in to the cake craving since the cake was on the counter staring at me as I entered the kitchen for another bottle of water. I cut myself a piece of cake, poured a tall glass of milk and went to town with it. This was around 5 pm or so.

Half-way through the piece of cake I got that "you're full now" feeling and I ignored it. Bad move. After finishing it I felt so full that I felt sick. I tried to rest on the couch and couldn't get comfortable and noticed I was short of breath. Then it dawned on me that Dr.N warned me I'd start having trouble eating and breathing pretty soon. Lovely. Granted, probably anyone would have trouble feeling well after the way I ate today but that aside, a piece of cake and glass of milk didn't previously make me feel this way. I hate our couch and find it uncomfortable even when I'm feeling good so I decided to abandon the couch and head back up to the bed. Fell asleep for nearly 2 hours and woke up to feeling Baby Olsen kicking me. Poor kid was probably hopped up on sugar and carbs. I haven't eaten since the cake and I hope that by morning my tummy will feel better. Even if it does, I've decided - no more cake for me for quite some time - that craving is officially over.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I have not listened to that "Your full now" feeling... and I've paid for it. Although usually I start paying for it about somwhere between 1230-2am. I totally feel your pain... and it makes you not want to eat what ever you ate for quite some time!