We saw Dr.N today. Here are the stats from this visit:
My weight: 180 (so embarrassing! I'm only 6 lbs less than Bob but he's 3 inches taller than me!)
BP: 104/68
Fundal height: 36 cm! Baby O is really pushing my belly out now!
Baby O's HB: 144-147 beating strong!
Friday morning I'll go for the glucose test - have to fast for 8 hours so I'll be going first thing in the morning because I can't go for 8 hours without food unless I'm asleep haha.
Dr.N commended me on my weight gain and he meant it sincerely. I told him I was a bit concerned that all of my gain didn't seem to be going to the baby since the baby appeared to measure on track for his age (not ahead) at Dr.S's office a couple weeks ago. Dr.N explained that in the 3rd tri is where my weight gain will benefit Baby O - that he will now start packing on the weight I have on reserve for him and that because of the baby's rate of development from now forward, my weight gain will taper off. Apparently, I'll be getting full faster and soon be experiencing the shortness of breath because of the baby pressing on my organs and such -- that's already happening but the getting fuller faster not quite so much.
We received our CBR kit (cord blood registry) - we've decided we will be banking Baby O's cord blood because he is likely to be our only blood related child and we want to at least have that as an option for him in case its needed since there probably won't be a sibling donor option for him. It's expensive but I know it'll pay for itself if it were even necessary for us to use it.
Since Bob is home for a couple more weeks (knee), Dad is heading back to CT tonight for a couple weeks. He has some stuff to do back home and will come back next month when Bob is getting ready to return to work. It'll be eerily quiet around the house without him here. I'm going along for the ride to the airport (picture pillows piled into backseat with me laying on them to keep Bob company since its an hour each way to LAX.
1 comment:
Don't worry about the weight gain. Let's just say I weighed considerably more than Craig when I delivered Raymond and Craig is 8 inches taller than me! (And my doctor was definitely not encouraging me to gain any extra weight!)
Post a Comment