Three weeks ago today Cooper was born. This morning his plastibell fell off, marking the completion of his circumcision - yay! Cooper seems to have not noticed which is great.
Mom and I went shopping this morning and we picked up a "Sleep Sheep" for Cooper, along with a "Captain Blast Off" pee blocker LOL :). Here's a link to the Sleep Sheep site so you can see what it does: http://www.sleepsheepandfriends.com/sheep.html I turned it on with the mother's heartbeat setting and placed it in the corner of his travel bed that we use downstairs and it seems to be working like a charm. I turned it off a minute ago and he started squirming and squeaking and when I turned it back on he went right back to sleep. Can't wait to try it at night when he puts us all to the test :).
Mom is going to watch Cooper for a few hours so Bob and I can take a nap and then she is going to watch him tomorrow while we go see a movie (to really see the movie LOL) because he's worried that we'll never get to go to the movies again now that the baby is here. We'll probably see the new Indiana Jones film. Of course, that's not on my list of movies to see (I'd rather see the Sex and The City: The Movie but Bob wouldn't sit through that) but I'll still go just to have some alone time with Bob, knowing it'll be months before such an opportunity will arise again.
While I'm on leave I may try out this cool thing called "Monday Morning Mommy Movies" in certain theaters where moms can bring their babies to a movie and nobody cares if there's crying - at this stage, Cooper is unlikely to cry as long as I feed and change him just before the movie starts then he'll sleep through it. I'll wait until the doc clears him for "public" places before doing that. Meantime, I'm making a list of fun things I'd like to do while I'm home with him since the time will fly by so quickly I'm sure.
2 comments:
My best friend from childhood swears by these kinds of animals!! :) She use to carry hers around (it was a bear) long after the infant stage - it was her favorite stuffed animal! Just thought I'd share... Coopers gonna be a full month old if not older by the time Jr arrives!!
I hope you both got a wonderful nap in. Have fun at the movies. I made Nick take me to see SATC in June because I figured the same thing...no more going to movies after baby (not that we ever went before either). The mommy movie thing sounds fun. Hopefully Cooper is cleared for outings soon.
Post a Comment