Cooper's umbilical cord stump fell off Thursday morning. I couldn't find it but noticed it was gone during a diaper change. Bob is convinced that the dog ate it but I am convinced it was tossed out with a dirty diaper since we had to fold the diaper down to help avoid irritation of the stump while it dried. Whatever happened to it, we're just happy it's gone so that Cooper can wear his diapers without special fold-downs and because this is one of his newborn milestones to remember. That same day, the Cord Blood Registry company called to let us know that Cooper's cord blood was successfully processed and stored. They harvested over 292 million cells which is a great number.
I guess it was a powerful belly button day :) Now, if only I could have seen some magical action on MY belly/belly button and THAT would have been the icing on the cake :).
On Wednesday I had my first post-c/section OB appointment. Dr.N says my incision is healing well but that I have been doing too much and need to slow down a little. I laughed and reminded him I have a newborn at home and that my activity is limited to tending to Cooper but that includes going up and down the stairs numerous times per day to deal with laundry, cleaning of bottles and breast pump parts, etc. I'll go back for my next follow-up at the end of the month and by then I will be granted permission to drive - meantime, I have chauffeur Bob and chauffeur Mom to drive me around. ;0
Last night Cooper had a rough night - or, we ALL had a rough night. He has some nose congestion making it difficult for him to breathe through his nose and causing him frustration (and so we were up all night trying to console him. Eventually he did fall asleep and so did we but it was so hard because the bulb suction device didn't work to clear his nasal passages - we can see the clogging but just can't reach it so we called Dr.Mike's office this morning and left a message to see what we should do. Cooper is resting right now - poor baby is probably exhausted from all the screaming he did throughout the night. Hopefully Dr.Mike or someone from his office will call us soon so we can help little Cooper clear his nose and breathe easier.
Hunter (dog) had a rough night last night too due to her fear of the sound of fireworks. For nearly four hours we dealt with her pacing, crying, barking, and trying to dig a hole in the floor to crawl into every time another boom occurred. Unfortunately, there were three major fireworks displays visible from our street, plus all the amateurs having their fun in the neighborhood. At one point we had to lock her out of the bedroom because she kept trying to crawl between the bassinet and the bed which would have been ok if she would be quiet but she would bark and at the time Cooper was sleeping (this was before Cooper's upset began).
Needless to say, Bob and I are totally exhausted this morning.
Today Dad heads back to Connecticut. He's been here since April, helping us out while I was on bed rest and helping Bob too during his recovery from knee surgery. Dad's support has been so amazing these past few months and we're so grateful for everything he's done for us. As I've written before, he was due to return home on 6/21 but early that morning my water broke and Dad decided to extend his stay so he could meet the little guy that he helped keep nourished (all that home cooking :)). We're glad dad stayed longer so he could spend a couple weeks with Cooper. We're going to miss him around here. He said he'll probably come back for a short visit in the fall - that will be great. Meantime, we'll put the webcam to good use so that he can see Cooper. Thank you, Dad! We love you!
1 comment:
Even though Dr said you're overdoing it, in some ways doesn't it feel good going up and down those stairs again?
Post a Comment