Saturday, July 5, 2008

Down 20 lbs - Thank God!

Two days after arriving home from the hospital with Cooper I stepped on the scale and broke down in tears because I had GAINED weight since the day before Cooper was born. I couldn't believe that was possible - after all, I had to have at least lost the baby's weight, the placenta weight, etc. However, since I had a c/section I had an IV for over 24 hours pumping me with fluids and a week later my feet, ankles, and other parts were swollen (even though I did not have swelling like that during my pregnancy) - so the gain had to be from the fluids - or so everyone was telling me to get me to stop sobbing LOL.

Today, at the two-week mark, I decided to brave the scale once again and to my pleasant surprise, I've lost 20 lbs. Phew! I have nearly 40 lbs more to lose but am happy that at least a third of the pregnancy weight gain is gone already. I still don't recognize myself in the mirror and had to go out to Kohl's and buy some cheap clothes for the interim weeks as I work on dropping the remaining weight - since NONE of my other clothes fit (except a couple of maternity tops and my PJs - but since I'm not on bed rest anymore, obviously the PJs aren't going to cut it).

No comments: