We just dropped Mom off at the airport so she could fly back home - to Connecticut. We're sad to see her go - she's been such a source of help and support over the past month and we really appreciate it. Thank you, Mom!
This is the first time that Bob and I have actually been alone with Cooper since he was born because my folks have been here since then. As we drove away from the airport we looked at each other and said "what now!?" haha. I'm betting that Bob was thinking that we're now going to starve since my parents were basically in charge of meals, but I was thinking about how my mom would often offer to feed, change, and otherwise watch Cooper so that I could go pump or take a nap. Once we were back at the house Bob jokingly said something like "it'll all start unraveling now!" - I laughed, nervously.
Besides the occasional scream (by Cooper) or bark (by Hunter), the house is eerily quiet without my folks here. I guess the incremental disappearance of support resources (dad, then mom, and soon Bob when he returns to work) will be good for me in that it forces me to get used to being on my own with Cooper and the animals. It's hard, and will get harder in some ways and easier in others. I'll be okay, but for now I'm sad that my mom had to go home. I'm really going to miss her.
1 comment:
You can so do it!!! Remember, you always have the blog to vent!!!
Post a Comment