On Friday, Bob and I (and Cooper) made a trip to Babies R Us to pick up some essentials (bottle warmer and a sound/motion/music toy to stimulate/entertain Cooper, and a few other little things). By the time we were packed up and got to the store (which is 35-40 min drive from our house), it was time for Cooper to eat again and I was starving myself so I convinced Bob to take us out to eat :). It was more a chore than fun which I suppose is a good thing - we'll be discouraged from going out to eat and will thereby save money :). Cooper behaved perfectly so that wasn't the issue - but having to feed him, burp him, and still manage to eat something myself was the challenge. Thankfully I had ordered a salad so my meal didn't get cold before I could have any of it. I figured out a couple weeks ago that mommies of newborns are destined to only eat cold food. Once you figure that one out, eating becomes more enjoyable since you tend to eat only things that are supposed to be cold - unless you can find someone to hold/feed the baby while you eat a hot meal. I guess when Bob is home, I'll eat hot food, when he's away at work, it'll be all cold all the time haha.
This lunch outing was also the first time for me to eat in a restaurant since February since I was on bed rest. We probably won't do it again any time soon but that's ok - that time was enough to satisfy me for a while.
3 comments:
Not to encourage you to spend lots of money eating out but if you time it right (between feedings), eating out with a newborn is MUCH more pleasant than eating out with a toddler. Craig and I wish we had gone out more when Raymond was still little because now it is generally a not very fun experience.
thanks for the tip! I'll let Bob know about that. I was wondering b/c I remember seeing others out to eat with newborns and it looked so easy LOL.
Believe it or not, there will come a day when you not only master the art of picking the cold foods to eat but you also master the art of eating an entire hot meal with one hand. (That includes cutting your food that you never thought you'd cut with one hand/utensil.)
Ah the joys of motherhood. :)
Post a Comment