Monday, July 7, 2008

Cooper's 2 week check up

Bob and I just returned from Cooper's 2-week check up and circumcision at the pediatrician's office. He did great - cried when he was undressed and when he received the numbing shot but then quickly fell asleep and slept through the rest of the procedure! He's home, content and asleep now too.

Here are the stats from the rest of the appointment:

Cooper's weight: 5 lbs, 15 oz (he's gained 10 oz in 10 days - perfect!)
Cooper's height: 19.5 in (he's grown 1.5 in in 10 days - also perfect!)

We're thrilled Cooper is doing great with the weight gain and growth. :) He's starting to outgrow his preemie outfits (I actually put one on him yesterday and found it was too snug so I took it off and replaced it with a larger one) - it's amazing how fast he's growing. He is fitting comfortably in the newborn sized items and there's a few onesies sized 0-3 months that are actually small enough for him to wear now but I think that's because they may have shrunk a little in the wash. :)

3 comments:

Lizze said...

Yay for Cooper and an awesome appointment!

You are a stronger woman than I to be there for the circ. I barely held it together during the heel sticks for his billi levels. I can't imagine being anywhere nearby for his circ. My hats off to you.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing on how fast they grow? Elijah has started outgrowing his preemie outfits which made me a little sad! Well, and mad because I think about how much I spent on those little 3 week worth outfits!! lol

Thats great he is doing so well!! It seems as if yesterday we carried these little guys in our bellies! That bedrest was worth every ounce Im sure you will agree!! Stupid me would do it again probably!! Haha!!

Keep in touch girlie!!! I miss ya at the boards!

Nicole said...

I totally agree with Lizze... way to go on being their for the circ. Jr's is going to be done in the hospital, and hopefully no where near my room. I don't even think Chris could stand to be in the room for that... so that just shows Momma & Daddy have a bigger brass set then the rest of us ;)