Thursday, July 31, 2008

Is it Monday yet? I can't wait!!!

I remember the days when I would ask "Is it Friday yet?" and then when I was put on bed rest in the beginning I was mostly home alone and I switched to anxiously asking "Is it Monday yet?" because the weekends were so incredibly long and boring since I didn't have work to keep my mind off of the situation.

Now I'm asking if it's Monday yet for an entirely different reason....I just booked a massage and afternoon at the spa (Burke Williams - my favorite spa) for Monday and OMG do I need it BAD. Even though I'm no longer on bed rest, my body still feels like it is - aches and pains in my hips and back and now in my feet since I'm not used to being on them but am now on them all the time.

I'll be enjoying an 80 minute Swedish/Shiatsu combination massage after spending some time in the hot tub and the steam room. Lastly, but most importantly, I'll be enjoying a nap in the quiet room! OMG a nap - for as long as I wish (as long as the place is open LOL). I warned Bob that once I leave the house to head over there he won't see me again until after the place closes. He laughed (not sure if he thinks I was kidding but I am NOT kidding LOL).

This spa day is long overdue - Bob bought me a hefty gift card to use there for a pregnancy massage as a gift for Valentine's (isn't Bob the best!?) but as many of you may recall, I spent Valentine's day in the hospital having surgery and then being put on strict bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy so I had to put that idea to rest until after the baby arrived.

I'll be fantasizing about it between now and Monday, that's for sure. I can't wait!!!

5 comments:

kbeth said...

Enjoy the soak, massage and nap!!! You sure do deserve it!!! Steve got me a gift certificate for a spa here for Christmas and I haven't used it...and I don't have an excuse like months of bed rest...what's wrong with me?! :)

Lissa said...

I'm so jealous! I used my certificate for a prenatal at 33 weeks. Now I want another! Enjoy it. Sounds like a great time to be able to spend the afternoon there! Enjoy your nap. Who knows, that may end up being the best part!!! (and probably the cheapest too)

Julie said...

Lissa - the spa I go to is great - if you pay for a treatment (massage or anything else) then you get to use the rest of the spa for the day for no additional charge - so the hot tub, steam room, and quiet room for napping are *free* since Bob bought me the treatment/massage - yay!! I remember reading your blog post about your massage at 33 weeks and I was so jealous LOL.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join you! Wouldn't that be fun...chatting and catching up?! Enjoy! You deservie it!

Lizze said...

It's Monday. Hope it was everything you dreamed of and exactly what you needed. *hugs*