Saturday, July 5, 2008

The crib has been purchased :)


Since Dr.N said it was ok to get out and about as long as I'm careful and avoid overuse of my stomach muscles, I decided it was time we finally made our way to a few baby furniture stores to investigate cribs. After deciding to go with an Italian manufacturer, Pali, we located a store that had the most Pali models on display so we could see and compare the styles and finishes. The crib we decided on is the Pali Arezzo model. It will be here within a couple of weeks and thankfully it will be delivered and assembled so that Bob and I won't have to try to figure out how to put it together. My incredibly generous mother bought the crib for us and she negotiated a great deal with the store clerk - frankly, I was amazed by her savvy tactics which ended up saving a total of around $350 when all was said and done (crib, toddler and adult bed rail parts, tax, etc.).

Here's the manufacturer's catalog photo:

This crib converts into a toddler bed and then into a full size adult bed. We chose the style to complement an antique dresser that we have and plan to use as Cooper's dresser and changing table. I can't wait to get the nursery put together - hopefully by the end of the month we'll have it done and when we do I'll be sure to post a picture.

Meantime, here's the antique dresser, hand painted by an artist, that we'll be using for Cooper:


Now we have to research/purchase a crib mattress (in my spare time, right!? LOL).

2 comments:

Lissa said...

It will be nice it will be all assembled for you. My dad built ours (saving us over $2500!) and then delivered and assembled it! Aren't father's wonderful?!? The crib you chose is very beautiful. I love the wood choice. It will go well with that dresser. Way to go Mom for her negotiating skills!

Anonymous said...

Guess what? Josh's crib was by Pali also;)

The crib you chose is beautiful! What a great piece of furniture. If I had it to do over again, I would def. have gotten a convertible crib. So sad that our beautiful crib is in the basement storage room.

Kudos to Mom Punty for her steller negotiating skills! $350?! Wow!