Saturday, July 19, 2008

First time behind the wheel in months

I finally got behind the wheel of my car - first time in months (last time I drove was to a doctor appointment in March when Bob was away and my Dad wasn't here yet to help out) - and ran errands today. Not only was it the first time I'd driven in months, but it was the first time in over a month that I was totally alone - no Bob, no Mom or Dad, no Cooper. It was kind of weird, but cool too. I actually got to listen to whatever I wanted and at the volume of my preference. I know this is not likely to happen again anytime soon so I tried to really enjoy my solo outing which lasted about 3 hours or so. Bob held the fort down and fed the child but left the dirty diaper change for me to handle when I got home - bad Bob! ;0 -- and of course it was a super poopy one. However, when I got home, Bob was just about done making dinner for us - so he's redeemed :).

1 comment:

Lizze said...

Don't you just love that first outing? I was good when I went out alone. That first outing with Emmett John in tow...that was emotional and more difficult than I thought it was going to be.

Congrats! :)