Our little guy is 5 weeks old. He's developed a Jekyll and Hyde personality - angelic by day, devilish by night. Last night Bob said he's like a gremlin - a creature that turns once fed after midnight LOL. Between the hours of midnight and 5 am Cooper is a fussy, screaming baby. I'm starting to think the word "colic" may apply here - OMG how I've dreaded applying this word to our baby. He's well fed, clean, diaper changes often, stimulated with sights and sounds, soothed with being held, rocked, etc....yet still this child insists on ensuring that nobody sleeps in this house between midnight and 5 am.
He seems to get more gassy at night time - or perhaps he's afraid of the dark!? We've been "sleeping" with a dim light on ever since the 2nd week because that's how long this has been going on and he screams louder and longer when the lights are completely off. UGH. We've adjusted the room temperature up and down to see if that's the issue but nothing we've tried has solved the issue thus far. Next move is going to be to get a baby swing - tomorrow. We've tried having him in the bassinet (he screams), in the portable infant bed on our bed between Bob and I (he still screams), putting him in the car seat carrier between Bob and I at the head of the bed - this is as close as we've come to SOME peace - it hugs him so it helps calm him somewhat but we're terrified that if we keep using it he'll be addicted and will never sleep in his crib when the time comes to move him there.
We're hoping and praying this little phase will soon pass because we're walking zombies. We have to take turns taking naps during the day to get uninterrupted sleep - but even still it's only for an hour at a time which doesn't do much to cure sleep deprivation. I'm so bummed that Bob will be back to work soon and I'll have no help when the demonic screaming happens at night - at least right now we can take turns trying to address his needs but soon I'll be on my own when Bob is at work. Double UGH.
On a happier note, Cooper is growing like a weed - outgrowing his newborn clothes and diapers. We started using the size 1 diapers this weekend because the newborn size was starting to really dig into his thighs and getting short in the rear too.
2 comments:
http://www.mylicon.com/
I hope he starts sleeping better at night. Especially before Bob goes back to work. Maybe you will get lucky and the swing will help enough to calm him down and then he will sleep in his bassinet....my fingers are crossed for you!
Post a Comment