- Baby Olsen is over 4 lbs (4 lbs, 2 oz), putting him in the middle of "normal" range - which is a relief because at the last measurement he was on the low end of normal. Interesting fact - this is the approximate weight and age (32 weeks) that Bob was born at.
- I got to come home even though my cervix is down to 1.85 cm. Dr.S once again said "close enough; keep doing what you're doing." Phew!!
- No steroid shots received. Dr.S said that since my contractions have not been too bad he feels comfortable skipping the steroid shots for now. He said that if I start to have increased number/frequency of contractions I should head to the hospital and request the shots.
- Dr.S doesn't want/need to see me again until we reach 36 weeks (unless there's an issue b/w now and then) - this is great because I was seeing him every 2 weeks so he has some confidence that we'll make it to 36 weeks and at that point he'll take more baby measurements and if Baby O is up to 6 lbs by then we can get the stitches removed.
- During the ultrasound we got to see Baby O's face pretty well and were delighted with the sight of him opening and closing his mouth and occasionally sticking his tongue out like he was licking his lips - totally cute!
Baby O is still in breech position with his bottom sitting on my cervix, and his body facing my right side. He appears to be filling out nicely with some cute chubby cheeks. I knew he was either faced sideways or inward because he frequently pushes his head against my belly - it's like he's leaning his head there as he sleeps - it looks and feels pretty funny when he does this.
While measuring my cervix, they got a great shot of his rear end sitting on my cervix - we got a pretty good laugh from this. Then they switched to 3D mode and gave us a cute shot of his face.
We scanned these pics right away so we could share them with everyone.


3 comments:
Awwww, thats so adorable!! I'm glad you got such good news and were able to come home again also. Keep up the good work!
All very exciting news! Good job, Hon.
Jules,
Glad to hear that everything is going well. I've been following your blog and sending you all good thoughts!
Love the picture of Baby O's butt...that is too funny!
Take care of yourself and know that I'm thinking of you!!!
KBK
Post a Comment