Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunny and warm outside...

...hot and boring inside. It's so beautiful outside and I'm stuck inside. I have the bedroom windows open and the ceiling fan on so I can still hear the birds chirping but still have the air moving around. Bob prefers the a/c be on but it doesn't ever really get very cool up in our bedroom so it's not worth it to me to not have the sounds of the outdoors by having the windows open.

Sometimes my Dad goes out on the patio (just below my bedroom window) and makes phone calls on his cell phone and I can hear his side of the conversation. I know I shouldn't listen but I can't help it and it's nice to hear him talking to family members - he gives out updates on how I'm doing, describes the things he cooks for me, stuff like that. It makes me smile to hear him passing along these updates and know that people are asking about us.

Dad will be here for three more weeks and then he'll head back to Connecticut. A week after he leaves my mom will arrive. Once she's here my cerclage stitch will come out and my bed rest will be gradually lifted and then she and I can work on the nursery and shop for some final things before the baby shows up. Of course, this assumes that the baby doesn't take the stitch removal as an invitation to emerge immediately. If he does, that's ok too - either way, the bed rest will be just about over and the rewards of our hard work and patience will finally begin. We are so incredibly blessed and grateful to have such wonderful support from my parents - both of whom have dropped whatever they were doing to come out and help us in our time of need. Thank you so much, Mom and Dad!

My friend, Lizze, and her family are going through a very difficult time right now. Lizze is also pregnant and on bed rest and they just learned the plumbing in their house has failed them terribly - it's a very unfortunate and unpleasant situation that is likely to cost them a great deal of money at a very bad time. Please keep Lizze, Rob, and their two boys and unborn baby in your thoughts - we hope they get a lucky break very soon so they can resume focusing on the joy of their baby that is due on the same day as Baby Olsen.

3 comments:

Lizze said...

I love you, Julie.

Lissa said...

I will keep Lizze's family in my thoughts and prayers. That would be so difficult to deal with anytime, let alone while pregnant and on bedrest. I'm glad you are able to at least somewhat enjoy the nice weather via windows. The countdown is on...you've made it this far, not that much longer left on bedrest!

Anonymous said...

What is that saying "I am so happy I could _____" Well we are almost there and you will have your prize and me my second grandchild!! I am beside myself. Dad is taking good care of you - keep gaining weight!! Love ya, Mom