It is amazing how the revocation of just a couple of "privileges" can damper one's spirit. It's been just a day and a half since I was ordered handcuffed to the bed (OK, not really handcuffed but may as well be). I didn't realize before how beneficial to my body and my spirit my trips up/downstairs were to me until now. In just one day my legs and hips ache so much more than they already did because my only chance to stretch and move them are to/from the bathroom now. I'll get used to it, but just like the first week or two of bed rest was really hard, the first days of new restrictions are really hard.
On a happier note....although I was never a "Daddy's little girl" growing up, I think I finally am one now and gosh am I grateful for that! My Dad has been amazing. I know he's bored during the day when I can't be downstairs to keep him company, but he has been amazing since hearing of the new restrictions. He's just taking care of everything. He comes in and offers me food and when I can't think of what I want he reappears a short while later with something that is just wonderful. Today for lunch he made me a grilled cheese sandwich AND brought me a slice of a new delicious cake he made for me this morning. He made a 2-layer chocolate cake with strawberries and chocolate frosting! It was so delicious! For dinner, he just brought me a plate of grilled chicken with Mexican cheese on top and a heap of grilled potatoes and onions and ketchup! It was so YUMMY!!!!
Thank you, Dad!!!!!!! I don't know what we'd do without you here - with me in this situation and Bob about to have surgery tomorrow - you're heaven-sent.
I spent most of the day completing two mandatory online training courses for work - there's a deadline to get it done and I decided I'd better get it done now just in case I end up having any other issues that prevent me from finishing out my final days of work. I doubt that will happen but I didn't want to take a chance because the courses carry sanctions if they're not completed on time. They were the longest online courses I have ever taken and so painful too since I had to click through every screen and thus had to be on my left side the entire time. The first course I began around 9am and didn't finish until well after noon. The second I began at around 2:15pm and finished at around 5:30pm. Thankfully I passed both but I can't wait to get the evaluation for these courses - the courses were incredibly long, repetitive, required far too many "clicks", had no meaningful interaction/exercises, etc. Being in the corporate training industry and employed by the #1 training organization (as rated by Training Magazine's Top 125 list this year), I've seen my fair share of training programs and let's just say that neither of these courses helped us achieve that distinction! I'm so glad that's done.
Time to put the PC aside so I can spend some time on my right side now - have to even out the distribution of pain LOL. ;/
2 comments:
I am having a wonderful time reading your blog and remembering all the great things your parents did for us to make growing special, fun and memorable. Looks like they are still at it!:) I don't remember your Dad cooking much, did that talent develop during retirement?
I meant "growing up"...it pays to proof your work doesn't it! LOl!
Post a Comment