Saturday, May 10, 2008

I've been "tagged"

I will admit that I had no idea what this meant when I learned I was "tagged" by my friend, Lizze, who is also on bed rest (and her baby is due the same day as mine :)). So when I saw that Lizze had also "tagged" our friend, Nikky, I went to Nikky's blog and figured out that it means I am supposed to answer some questions. Then Lizze emailed me to tell me what it meant too. :) So here it goes....

What I was doing ten years ago
Ten years ago, in early May 1998, I was living in Monterey, CA so that I could be physically close to my then-boyfriend (David) at the time who was dying of cancer. A few months earlier I dropped my life in Boston and moved across the country to be close to David knowing he was terminally ill and hoping that by making a permanent move (rather than an extended visit), I'd prove to him that I still had hope that he could keep fighting and beat the odds. I spent all my non-working hours with him to keep him company, help lift his spirits, accompany him to his oncologist's office for treatments, and getting to know his teenage daughters. Sadly, on May 24th, 1998, David lost his battle with cancer.

Five things on my to-do list
Finish transitioning my work responsibilities to others before my LOA starts in 2 weeks
Buy baby equipment: car seat/stroller travel system, bassinet, monitor, and many other things
Obtain and watch birthing and breastfeeding DVDs
Fill out paperwork for my maternity leave
Complete/fax in final papers for CBR (cord blood registry)
OK, I'm stopping at 5 things but I have a full page list and could go on and on (but I won't)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Pay off the mortgages of my parents' house, my brothers' house, my own house, and probably others that I can't think of at the moment. Create college fund to pay all expenses associated with college for my little sister, Maria (Big Brothers Big Sisters of America) and all of her siblings. Buy a home for Maria and her family. Establish charitable foundations and scholarships to benefit children in need. I would change my career from corporate-based to community-service based. I would buy a ranch with horses and get a couple more golden retrievers.

Three bad habits
I swear too much, I spend too much time on the computer (though I believe I'm entitled while on bed rest but all other times it's not good), and I don't exercise enough (I'm excused currently but when not on bed rest I'm really bad about it).

Five places I've lived
I can't list just five because I'm proud, and crazy, for having lived all these places:
  • Connecticut (Bloomfield, Simsbury, Tariffville, Manchester, Canton)
  • Massachusetts (Franklin, Newton, Burlington)
  • California (Monterey, Menlo Park, San Francisco, Marina del Rey, Sunnyvale, Venice, Santa Clarita Valley)

  • New Jersey (South Brunswick)

Five jobs I've had
Change Management Consultant, Trainer/Training Consultant, Sales force Automation/Customer Relationship Management Consultant, Software Sales Engineer, Director of Operations, Technical Training Manager, and currently - Market Implementation Leader. OK, so that was more than five but I had to list in order and couldn't stop til I reached present time - sorry!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL okay so you go from "not knowing what 'Tagged' means" to being an overachiever ;) Miss seeing ya around! Hope you guys are doing well and Bob's not driving you nuts with the PS3 ;)

Anonymous said...

Now that you are wrapping things up at work I assume your blog will be filled with wonderful tales!! LOL Glad you had a haircut and glad that you liked the baby clothes and your Mother's Day flowers!! I wish I was there with you......and thanks so much for the video conferencing equipment! I can't wait to try it out! Love, Mom