In a couple hours we'll be heading to the perinatologist's office (Dr.S) for a fresh set of cervix and baby measurements. This is a big appointment because last time (2 weeks ago) my cervix was down to 1.9 cm which ordinarily would have qualified me for a free admission ticket to the hospital but thankfully Dr.S decided he'd treat me as if I were 2.0 cm and sent me home with stricter bed rest rules and orders to "do nothing but incubate". He said that if my cervix is shorter at the next appointment (today) they may need to give me steroid shots to speed up Baby Olsen's lung development and possibly admit me (depending on what the measurement is).
So....I'm laying here debating whether I should pack a bag or not. I really don't want to because I want to believe and trust that I'll be coming home after the appointment. But then, if I don't pack one Bob and Dad will be at a loss for what to gather on my behalf if I do get admitted. Ugh.
OK...after typing that last paragraph I got up and threw a few things in a bag (just in case) -- I just had this vision of Bob and my dad standing in the bedroom with a look of "huh?" on their faces as they would figure out what I needed or asked for. haha. So...I've got the basics ready just in case. Here's to hoping I won't need them (yet).
We leave for Dr.S in an hour - we have to stop by Dr.N's office to pick up my disability paperwork which he has completed. It'll be nice to have that extra mile or 2 drive while I'm out of the house -- it seems like it's been FOREVER since I've been out of bed rest jail.
1 comment:
Saying lots of prayers Julie! Looking forward to an update... :)
Post a Comment